Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Thanks Kel
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

pebbles28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi everyone My hubbby and two kids(3 going on 4 year old and 8month baby) are planning on relocating to Perth.For our dream to beome reality it would be nice to suss a job out first but its proving real hard doing it on line and its had because we dont have a date it will depend on job/and for the length of time our stuff takes to get over.

PLEASE PLEASE IF ANYONE IS A PLASTERER AND WANTS A HARD WORKING NEW ZEALANDER WHO HAS HAD 12 OR MORE YEARS IN THE PLASTERING INDUSTRY(SOLID,PAINTING ALSO) PLEASE LET US KNOW.

HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP US SO WE CAN GET THIS DREAM HAPPENING.CHEERS

Hope to hear back soon..hopefully i have posted this all ok.Thanks again.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

brickie lee is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all can u tell me if it is easy to start your own building company or brikie subby gangs over there we are hopefully coming out on 15 june to stay but are getting cold feet might have some tickets for sale yet! also how much tax do you pay
Old May 7th 2007, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brickie lee
hi all can u tell me if it is easy to start your own building company or brikie subby gangs over there we are hopefully coming out on 15 june to stay but are getting cold feet might have some tickets for sale yet! also how much tax do you pay
Sorry i am not sure about brikie's my husband is a plasterer and even then I still dont know to much apart from there being a building boom in Perth and loads of work apprenlty. I have not sussed out about tax i was give a site which i can't remember at the mo but will post for you it helps with tax.Where are you commming from? If NZ and you dont decided to go let me know about tickets.I think its a hard move but I also think we all get cold feet..I do too Sorry I have not been very help to you.I'll let you know if I find anything else out.Talk soon.

Kindest regards pebbles
Old May 7th 2007, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

brickie lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pebbles28
Sorry i am not sure about brikie's my husband is a plasterer and even then I still dont know to much apart from there being a building boom in Perth and loads of work apprenlty. I have not sussed out about tax i was give a site which i can't remember at the mo but will post for you it helps with tax.Where are you commming from? If NZ and you dont decided to go let me know about tickets.I think its a hard move but I also think we all get cold feet..I do too Sorry I have not been very help to you.I'll let you know if I find anything else out.Talk soon.

Kindest regards pebbles
cheers for help coming from uk. lee
Old May 7th 2007, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brickie lee

Have a word with this poster about brickie stuff http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=53484

Tax, depends on what you earn just like the UK. Tax bands are here:

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...1/002&st=&cy=1
Old May 8th 2007, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Kindest regards pebbles
Looks like someone bet me to the one thing i did know(link to tax) sorry bout that.Hope you find out everything you need.This is a great site.I am in the same boat there is so much to take in,isn't there..but things that come hard are soo worth it .
You take care and good luck!! might see you over there ..lol
Old May 11th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
Any idea of the rates of pay for helicopter pilots. Got in excess of 4300hrs (mostly on twins). Looking to arrive on the back of the wife's nursing ticket seeing as I'm not an endangered species down under and she's the young one. Any help appreciated.
No idea, but have you tried Pprune ?. They have the 'rotorheads' forum + one for 'down under'. I would have thought that there would be jobs around for commercial pilots, especially with the mining boom in WA and elsewhere. Here's two commercial companies in Perth : Altitude Aviation and Jandakot Helicopters The latter is a training outfit but it wouldn't do any harm to email them or give them a bell.

Also, I found an advert on google thay may be of use.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield (UK) -> Kitchener (Canada) -> Perth (Aus)
DimWit17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thribble
Melbourne, Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer (actually doing project management!) I get $85k including super.
I have been offered a similar job in Perth...what salary should I expect? Especially the cost of living in Perth has sky rocketed over the last few years...Any advise would be good.
Old May 14th 2007, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DimWit17
I have been offered a similar job in Perth...what salary should I expect? Especially the cost of living in Perth has sky rocketed over the last few years...Any advise would be good.
Hello,sorry what was the job you have been offerered?
Old May 14th 2007, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,sorry what was the job you have been offerered?
Its in the water/wastewater industry as a process engineer...
Old May 17th 2007, 2:09 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

University Lecturer - Brisbane. $110 ph
Old May 17th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
University Lecturer - Brisbane. $110 ph
Woodcutter

Assuming you are a fulltime staff at $110ph that works out to approx $215k on a 37.5 hour week!

Lucky you!
Old May 17th 2007, 3:37 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DimWit17
Woodcutter

Assuming you are a fulltime staff at $110ph that works out to approx $215k on a 37.5 hour week!

Lucky you!
I wish!!
Only casual staff teaching 16 hours per week. No holiday pay.
Old May 18th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
I wish!!
Only casual staff teaching 16 hours per week. No holiday pay.
Hmm, $85k for a 48 week year at 16 hours per week - I think I could put up with that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.