Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

mikewilliamson101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

hi, my husband is a joiner. we have just started to apply for visa. were is the best place to look for work in brisbane?.he is a subby in england does it work just the same in oz?.he take home between 600 to 700 a week will he be able to earn the same?. what kind of hours do u do in oz?.and what is the tax rate.any help from any one.

thanks
mandy
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dragon12
Hi

Any ideas what a digger driver would get in construction, my husband drives a JCB for the water board, would it be better to stay in utilities or swap to general construction?

Also, don't know if its relevent but we made some enquiries with an agent, www.***************.com and has anyone else heard of them? The info seems to be ok but I was concerned about the job prospects, they say

"some clients work 20 hours a week and earn $70,000 per annum. Please
remember that in Australia a Dollar buys a similar amount to the pound in UK but due to the much higher income and VAT taxes in UK they are able to buy the same amount they could buy if earning £80,000 in UK, in Australia they are still only working 20 hours per week."

Sounds a bit too good to be true and they don't quote fees, instead they evaluate individually.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks

Natalie

PS new to site so sorry if in wrong place
Can you ask them where the job that pays that is? I'd like to apply

Seriously, my hubby is an electrician, he gets $56k per annum for working 38 hours a week. Maybe a MD may get that sort of money, but us normal people certainly won't.

Definitely don't use them, they sound very unprofessional. Plus if they aren't advertising a MARA registration number they won't be regulated by them
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Can you ask them where the job that pays that is? I'd like to apply

Seriously, my hubby is an electrician, he gets $56k per annum for working 38 hours a week. Maybe a MD may get that sort of money, but us normal people certainly won't.

Definitely don't use them, they sound very unprofessional. Plus if they aren't advertising a MARA registration number they won't be regulated by them
Don't know about digger drivers, but if you want to drive the big mine vehicles up in N QLD you can get around $600 - $700 for a 12 hour shift...
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Mining companies are paying big money in WA. Apparently cooks are getting $100k/year.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Mining companies are paying big money in WA. Apparently cooks are getting $100k/year.
I can do that, gizza job!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockpeblar

Yeah, mining companies do pay big bucks, but they have to because you're in the middle of no-where and have to work away from your family for weeks on end
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:34 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

So how easy would it be for a mining engineer to find work? We're looking in NSW, then Brisbane & Perth.

Anyone know of areas that aren't fly in fly out. From what I can tell there aren't too many.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

can you tell us what a general or maintenance plumber could earn - either employed/self-employed and a of childcare manager/director ? thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:01 am
Just Joined

shane-sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all.

This link will tell you the average salary by profession in Queensland

http://www.payscale.com/research/AU/...ensland/Salary

In essence the average salary across the board seems to be mid 40k. If you are earning 80K or more then you are doing very well!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

thanks for that, its lower than we thought having looked at local papers on-line. I suppose there's always the odd exception. I think education/childcare posts are set on awards - if anyone knows how to find out about state award pay banding it would be good to hear.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road

Any idea of the rates of pay for helicopter pilots. Got in excess of 4300hrs (mostly on twins). Looking to arrive on the back of the wife's nursing ticket seeing as I'm not an endangered species down under and she's the young one. Any help appreciated.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:33 am
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

Hubby is a carpenter, well multi skilled plummer, tiler, double glazier,getting in on the skilled caprenrty visa, is there any jobs on the gold coast for us, i am a nail technician,with a three year diploma, in city and guilds .we got 4 kids and looking forward to come over, just trying to find work before we go any help would be appreciated
Old Apr 27th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Looking for the adverage wage for an refrigeration/air conditioning engineer. Not sure which state yet, but looking at Adelaide for various reasons.

Cheers

Irons
Old Apr 28th 2007, 12:42 am
Just Joined

mslbg is an unknown quantity at this point

truck driving in nsw $25.00 ph plus penalty rates 4 arvo shift n nights
arvo $30 plus o/time rates home everynight working 60 65 hrs p wk take home pay between $1200 & 1500 pwk , plenty to live on. http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...s/thumbsup.gif
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Kelly C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my husband has just got a job in Perth as AC engineer on 26 per hour with super takes it up to nearly 29 per hour and this will be reviewed after 3/ 6 months. You should be looking at around this wage to start as you will need to do an electrical licence as they won't let you work without it. I am sure once you have the licence you will be looking at 30 per hour plus super. Also my husband was impressed with the over time as this is paid at double time after the first 2 hours with his company at all times and not just Sunday so you can probably double your wage if you are happy to work the extra hours.
Kel
Originally Posted by IRONS
Looking for the adverage wage for an refrigeration/air conditioning engineer. Not sure which state yet, but looking at Adelaide for various reasons.

Cheers

Irons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.