British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   the official jobs/wages thread... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/official-jobs-wages-thread-385198/)

njk435 Jul 18th 2006 11:33 pm

Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
What about warrent officers wage?
Mandy

Warrant Officer is about $62,000

check out here for all ADF pay:

http://www.defence.gov.au/dpe/pac/

Rob Morton-Jone Jul 19th 2006 1:24 am

I am a manager of an engineering company on the Gold Coast. I work from 7 till 3, Monday to Thursday and 7 till 1 on a Friday and my yearly salary is $60,000 plus i get 10% of the profits at the end of each tax year and i also get 5 weeks holiday per year. Not bad for starters i suppose :D

Trish my wife is a lady of leisure now which is well deserved.

Hope that helps :)

Rob

si.young Jul 19th 2006 2:52 am

The wife - Legal Secretary, $23 ph.
Me - IT Support Analyst, $zip, zero, nowt.

si.young Jul 19th 2006 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I am a manager of an engineering company on the Gold Coast. I work from 7 till 3, Monday to Thursday and 7 till 1 on a Friday and my yearly salary is $60,000 plus i get 10% of the profits at the end of each tax year and i also get 5 weeks holiday per year. Not bad for starters i suppose :D

Rob

Do you need any apprentices :D

Mrs Jackaroo Jul 19th 2006 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Is it? I thought Australian wages were "crap." That's what people keep telling me. So I can only assume that $3500 gross a week is "crap."

After all, if sassenach and his OH can only survive on a joint wage of $3500 gross per week by "applied effort and sacrifice", then $3500 must be extremely "crap" indeed.

Our wage is crap ($60k inc overtime) :mad: but everyone else on here seems to be doing quite well! :)

si.young Jul 19th 2006 3:16 am

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Our wage is crap ($60k inc overtime) :mad: but everyone else on here seems to be doing quite well! :)

I'd kill for 60k.....well, not literally :D

Mrs Jackaroo Jul 19th 2006 3:34 am

Originally Posted by si.young
I'd kill for 60k.....well, not literally :D

That is including about 12 hours overtime per week. His basic is around $42k and the hours are 7am - 3.30pm Monday - Thursday and 7am - 1pm Friday so its not too difficult to fit the overtime in (well not for me anyway!! :D ).

Are you not working at the moment? Whereabouts in NSW are you?

Edit: Sorry just read your post above so I can see that you're not working yet. How long have you been here?

si.young Jul 19th 2006 3:40 am

Are you not working at the moment? Whereabouts in NSW are you?[/QUOTE]

No, been here 6 months this week and had 3 interviews, cant seem to get any interest in my CV. The wife works and gets about 41k so things are a little tight.

I'm in Kariong on the Central Coast but looking at moving up the coast to Brisbane, although i'm not sure if its just going to be more of the same up there.

Mrs Jackaroo Jul 19th 2006 3:46 am

Originally Posted by si.young
Are you not working at the moment? Whereabouts in NSW are you?

No, been here 6 months this week and had 3 interviews, cant seem to get any interest in my CV. The wife works and gets about 41k so things are a little tight.

I'm in Kariong on the Central Coast but looking at moving up the coast to Brisbane, although i'm not sure if its just going to be more of the same up there.[/QUOTE]

My friend is in a similiar situation as you - been here 5 months and just cant get anything. Thebears on here has offered to look at her CV for her (waiting for him to get back to me though - CAN YOU HEAR ME THEBEARS?? :D ). Maybe he could have a look at yours too? Any input might help?

Good luck :)

woody1cruiser Jul 19th 2006 5:41 am

Arriving on 30th July but I am going to be paid $51,000 + super as a childcare co-ordinator/Director in WA.

Debs

moneypenny20 Jul 19th 2006 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone

Rob

Dont' need any part time admin staff do you ;)

rossifumi Jul 19th 2006 7:45 am

Is it? I thought Australian wages were "crap." That's what people keep telling me. So I can only assume that $3500 gross a week is "crap."

After all, if sassenach and his OH can only survive on a joint wage of $3500 gross per week by "applied effort and sacrifice", then $3500 must be extremely "crap" indeed.

Calm down old chap!

Clippy Jul 19th 2006 8:52 am

Well obviously I don't live in Australia but having converted it to Sterling I'd be very happy if we had that income coming in to our house every week - seriously happy!

Mind you, we only have one income seeing as I'm a stay at home mom

sassenach Jul 19th 2006 10:28 am

Yeah, I can imagine.

Do i sense a touch of sarcasm vash .We do indeed work long hours and have become acustomed to them ,you certainly wont earn that kind of money [3500 a week ] doing a flat 40 hours .
At the moment building workers can make a good quid here but there wont be any sympathy when the work tightens up for us ,and if you asked me truthfully if you can get a job that pays a regular 1000 a week plus all the fruit ,you are better off in the long run.

Mrs Jackaroo Jul 19th 2006 11:00 am

Originally Posted by sassenach
Do i sense a touch of sarcasm vash .We do indeed work long hours and have become acustomed to them ,you certainly wont earn that kind of money [3500 a week ] doing a flat 40 hours .
At the moment building workers can make a good quid here but there wont be any sympathy when the work tightens up for us ,and if you asked me truthfully if you can get a job that pays a regular 1000 a week plus all the fruit ,you are better off in the long run.

Good on you I say! You're working extremely hard to earn an honest buck - dont see why you should be criticised for it?! Obviously I'm as jealous as hell though!! :D