Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:24 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

I work in the govt. as a web designer. All govt, job salries are fixed at 'levels'.

I`m at level 4 which is about $50k a year before taxes. A level 4 is about $4k less I think (for Graphic Designers).

If you want to apply for a govt pos. then you have to submit a 'Selection Criteria' thing, which is a very lengthy CV of questions/answers/explanations. Pain in the arse, but has to be done... and done properly, as they grade each answer out of 5.

We had some Graphic Designers apply here recently, and there were some that had MUCH better CV`s, but didn`t do a SC, so they got binned. Shame.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:35 pm
Marie

Celtic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
Hi Donna

Thread is a great help, thx for thinking of it - does anyone know what a Fitter shd expect to earn - hoping Queensland probl Gold Coast.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Hi All is there any UK truckers workingin OZ would like to fire a couple of questions to you if you could get backto me I should be over there May07 with the wife she is a nurse Thanks in Advance
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

husband roof slater and tiler for 20 years- Any idea of expected wage?
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

ok a little worried now,
We are a family of 2 adults and 4 kids all under 10. Hubby is a carpenter joiner, are we going to manage? To me the maths don't work, $250-300 per week rent, i'm guessing $100-150 per week food, haven't a clue about utilities or vehicle, i currently don't work because i homeschool although won't in Australia.
We are looking at Nerang, Lawnton ish! any ideas?
We are used to being frugal.!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:00 pm
Superhero

The Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really niceThe Marvel is just really nice

Hiya, this my first post here.

I'm a gents' barber living just outside Edinburgh, Scotland. I was born and brought up here.
I work in Edinburgh and there are about twice as many barbers as there should be. We're all feeling the pinch.

I hear that my profession is in high demand in Australia, particularly Perth, so I'm doing a bit of research.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much a barber could expect to earn in Perth?

Thanks.

A lot of info I've read on this forum so far has been very helpful.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

MarkSt is an unknown quantity at this point

These forums are great! I'm about to head down under (I hope) so...

IT 3rd Line Support - Brisbane - $130k basic.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkSt
These forums are great! I'm about to head down under (I hope) so...

IT 3rd Line Support - Brisbane - $130k basic.
$130k for IT 3rd line support in Brisbane ? I think someone is pulling your chain mate. A quick internet search has suggested the going rate in Brisbane is $50-60k for that job. Unless you are a god and wrote the book in SAS, SAP, Oracle etc I think you are in for a severe dissapointment.

IT salaries in Oz are as a rule lower that the UK on an exchange rate comparison, very much lower if you compare it to the South East/London.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:01 am
Just Joined

MarkSt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
$130k for IT 3rd line support in Brisbane ? I think someone is pulling your chain mate. A quick internet search has suggested the going rate in Brisbane is $50-60k for that job. Unless you are a god and wrote the book in SAS, SAP, Oracle etc I think you are in for a severe dissapointment.

IT salaries in Oz are as a rule lower that the UK on an exchange rate comparison, very much lower if you compare it to the South East/London.
I'm moving with my company from the UK to set up a new office and having my salary converted by the Exchange rate. I wouldn't be going otherwise!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkSt
I'm moving with my company from the UK to set up a new office and having my salary converted by the Exchange rate. I wouldn't be going otherwise!
In that case well done and hold onto that job for dear life !!!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
In that case well done and hold onto that job for dear life !!!
wow! talk about landing on your feet! big congrats!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future
Wink Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi There! Does anyone have an idea how much salon director level hairdresser could get in melbourne?I have just received sponsership and am starting the visa application now. Any knowledge on any level hairdressing would be much appreciated! Thank you!!!
Tracey.x (the howellers)
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sanitary plumber

Any ideas on what a good bathroom fitter/plumber gets in the sydney area? At the mo i do all plumbing and tiling work
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know any good sites for finding 457 sponsorship within it - vb.net development, my wife has an offer of sponsorship for hairdressing (Canberra) but we want a temp visa in my name so if she falls pregnant we don't get booted out if our PR has not come through. Were not too bothered where we go, pref - Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney in this order.

Thanks

Robert
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

fatbads is an unknown quantity at this point

me and my family are coming to perth and i would like to know how easy is it to find bricklaying jobs in perth, and how do you go about it ?

Last edited by fatbads; Dec 21st 2006 at 12:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.