Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I can tell you the Melbourne rates. One of my freinds is a fully qualified spray painter. Although he hadn't worked in the trade for years. He just left the Post office with a package, and had a job lined up for starting the day after he left. Takes home circa 1,200 per fortnight, on about 21 dollars per hour. That should be considered starting money, as he hadn't worked at it full time for 20 odd years. If he was a self employed contractor he reckons he would be on circa 45 bucks per hour.

Thanks for the info it's much appreciated.
Ian.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Hulk Hogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Ian444
Thanks for the info it's much appreciated.
Ian.

Hi

Could anyone help me. I am looking to relocate to Perth so that we can keep my step son settled and need to know an indication on market salaries. She will not be working and I am a recruitment manager / headhunter with 8 years experience in IT and sales recruitment. I am currently earning £100,000 a year aprox but have too an expensive life style in the uk and want to leave these trappings.

What sort of package should I be pitching myself in at? and will I have a good quality of life supporting a family of four in Perth?

Thanks everyone
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

JP100UK is on a distinguished road

Is there a lot of call for plasterers in Oz (aims taping or skimming) we are oping to move to adelaide, and my OH is a plasterer.

Cheers

Julie

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee
Plasterer/Perth

Hubby (Set) $6.50 per square metre 150-200 metres per day

Son 18 (apprentice plasterer) $140 per day

Wife (Plasterers Labourer....I kid you not..) $14 hr.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Any idea what primary teachers earn ??
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

lovingOz is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been in Oz for nearly 7 years, and have enjoyed the booming markets.

My husband is a Motor Mechanic (self employed with 2 staff) we earn approx $100k per year.

My brother has been here 3 years and started his own building gang, now has 7 guys and work for +++++ more he can earn in excess of $10k per week after paying wages!!!!

The boom times are really here in Perth
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

avolunteer is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Rob Morton-Jone]I am a manager of an engineering company on the Gold Coast. I work from 7 till 3, Monday to Thursday and 7 till 1 on a Friday and my yearly salary is $60,000 plus i get 10% of the profits at the end of each tax year and i also get 5 weeks holiday per year. Not bad for starters i suppose

Trish my wife is a lady of leisure now which is well deserved.

Hope that helps

Hi Rob my husband is an experienced welder/fabricator and is looking for work in Aus. Where does he start and any chance of a work permit? Is there a website where all job postings for engineering can be found?
Thanks for you help
Barb
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. A plumbing question
I've been plumbing for 13 years, doing complete bathroom renovation the last six (including tiling), hopefully going to sydney, i know i need a license for plumbing but anyone know what's needed to get the license once there? just seem to google round in circles.....and any idea on tiling too?
Thanx

Last edited by ozplumb; Nov 10th 2006 at 7:58 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozplumb
Hello. A plumbing question
I've been plumbing for 13 years, doing complete bathroom renovation the last six (including tiling), hopefully going to sydney, i know i need a license for plumbing but anyone know what's needed to get the license once there? just seem to google round in circles.....and any idea on tiling too?
Thanx

Hi.

Take a look here should give you an idea of where to start.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi.

Take a look here should give you an idea of where to start.
Hi Wendy and Thank-you, that was exactly what i've been searching for, thanx again
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Hi

Wondering if anyone is working in the water industry in Qld and what are the wages like in this industry? My hubby has 16 years experience as a design engineer here in the uk and we are looking at moving to Brisbane in the New Year.

Thanks in advance

Tracey
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

skipped a few pages in the middle , so hope i dont step on anyones toes and repeat a question. Any idea what a senior sous chef (my husband) earns? We aim to go to either brisbane or the gold coast. Also i'm in admin but dont really mind what i do, something part-time hopefully, so as to spend more quality time with the kids.

Cheers!

the4ofus
Old Nov 17th 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

snowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the roughsnowflake is a jewel in the rough

Any plasterers in gold cost, we are looking at moving to oz, hubbie currently a plastering lecturer at a construction college, how easy is it to find work and what sort of money could we expect. Thanks lisa
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:24 am
Just Joined

phin is an unknown quantity at this point

What abt someone with Purchasing/Supply Chain background...any idea what a purchasing/buyer earns?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

GTFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone give me an idea of the payscale for childcare assistants ??

cheers
Old Nov 18th 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Daveh777
anyone currently working as a "Network and Information Systems Manager" in the IT field in Perth? How much do you earn? I have an MCSE (2000) and CCNA. If you don't mind it would be really helpful and would ease my mind a little.

thanks
Dave
I'd like to know the answer to this one too. OH is similar but we want to relocate to Brisbane. Any ballparks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.