Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Wizzzbang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi, can anyone tell me what the wages are for a electronics development engineer in or around Brisbane.

Many thanks

Jason
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

Hi all

can any one please tell me what a

maintenance fitter will earn in perth

what availability for jobs are there

thanks
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

frendt is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help regarding average wage for petrol tanker driver in australia and where the main distribution terminals are. Also average wage for standard hgv driver.

At early stages of considering the move but cannot find relevant info on web as yet. I could do with a point in the right direction.

Any advice please!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

FOR ALL YOU PLUMBERS/HEATING ENGINEERS OUT THERE WANTING TO MOVE TO VICTORIA....
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS RECOGNISED BY THE PLUMBING INDUSTRY COMISSION.

DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE YOU WILL HAVE TO RE TAKE CERTAIN EXAMS

OH HAD TO RE TAKE GAS EXAM 2-3 HOURS
WATER EXAM 2 DAYS
ROOFING (YES THEY DO ROOFS HERE, AS A LOT ARE TIN) 2 DAYS
SANITARY 1 DAY.
(COSTS ABOUT $850 FOR ALL)
HE HAS BEEN GIVEN REGISTRATION FOR GAS (AFTER EXAM) MECHANICAL, AND AIR CONDITIONING?! THE OTHERS HAVE BEEN GIVEN ON A PROVISIONAL FOR 1 YEAR, NEEDS TO ATTEND COLLEGE IN THE EVENINGS TO BE TRAINED TO THEIR LEVEL AS HE DOES THINGS NOT USED TO IN UK, EG RAINWATER, IRRIGATION AND FIRE HYDRANT SYSTEMS.

UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL FULL REGISTRATIONS YOU MAY NOT BE PAID AWARD WAGES. CURRENTLY EARNING $27 AN HOUR BEFORE TAX ETC

WHEN FULL REGISTRATION RECIEVED ONLY UPTO $30 AN HOUR. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SET UP ON YOUR YOU CAN EARN DOUBLE THAT.

THERE IS MORE WORK FOR COMMERCIAL PLUMBERS AND ENGINEERS, NOT SO MUCH DOMESTIC.

80% OF HIS WORK IS OUTSIDE SO YOU HAVE TO CONTEND WITH FLIES, BITING ANTS MOSQUITOS ETC. (HE HAS TAKEN TO WEARING A FLY NET!!! LOL)

THERE IS DEFINATELY MORE WORK IN MELBOURNE AREA, BUT ALSO LOTS OF APPLICANTS?!

WE'RE ENJOYING AUSTRALIA BUT WORKING CONDITIONS ARE NOT ALWAYS IDEAL AND CERTAINLY VERY DIFFERENT TO WHAT WAS EXPECTED. 8-4.30 MON-FRI. MORE PHYSICAL OVER HERE AND GETS VERY TOUGH IN THE HEAT.
AS A STAY AT HOME MUM, I'M NOW HAVING TO LOOK FOR WORK TO COVER OUTGOINGS. NOT SOMETHING I HAD TO DO IN THE UK, VERY LUCKY I KNOW.

I'D JUST LIKE TO POST AN HONEST POINT ABOUT A TRADESMAN WORKING IN VICTORIA AS I KNOW IT WAS ALL A BIT VAGUE WHEN WE RESEARCHED FROM THE UK, MANY JOB ADVERTS NOT DISCLOSING SALARIES.
I HOPES THIS HELPS
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frendt
Can anyone help regarding average wage for petrol tanker driver in australia and where the main distribution terminals are. Also average wage for standard hgv driver.

At early stages of considering the move but cannot find relevant info on web as yet. I could do with a point in the right direction.

Any advice please!
THERE IS A SHELL PROCESSING PLANT IN GEELONG VICTORIA.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

brissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nice

Originally Posted by kelbelinoz
THERE IS A SHELL PROCESSING PLANT IN GEELONG VICTORIA.
What is super(Pension?) is it goverment or private? Is it on top of your wages or included as part of advertised salary? So many common words,so many differences
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

brissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nicebrissyboyds is just really nice

Originally Posted by brissyboyds
What is super(Pension?) is it goverment or private? Is it on top of your wages or included as part of advertised salary? So many common words,so many differences
DOH!! Didn't see that tick box,question is for any one in the know,Fred
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissyboyds

Super is Superannuation, and yes it's a pension. If you work for an employer, they have to pay this to a fund of your choice and the minimum they can pay is 9%. Some jobs will say including super (so you need to deduct it from that to get your basic) and others will say plus super.

Super isn't payable on overtime, bonuses etc only on basic pay.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road
Question Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me if there are many jobs available for Teaching Assistants in Perth?

I am currently a level 3 TA (HLTA) working in a secondary school, not sure if I want to continue as a TA when I move, but depends on availability and wages. Any info will help..

Thanks in anticipation...

Jayne
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

ollydt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, tried searching this thread and just got a bit lost.

Teaching jobs in Melbourne area, is there much demand?

Annual salary any good? Found a website that broke down Victoria teaching salaries but the future wife says its incorrect because it came out after conversion that it was more than teaching in England, and that was based on October 2006 salaries.

I am a Psychology, RE and History teacher.

My partner is a Maths teacher.

Do they recognise Ofsted evaluations, do schools like British teachers or do they prefer home grown.

Cheers, Olly
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ollydt

Annual salary any good? Found a website that broke down Victoria teaching salaries but the future wife says its incorrect because it came out after conversion that it was more than teaching in England, and that was based on October 2006 salaries.

Do they recognise Ofsted evaluations, do schools like British teachers or do they prefer home grown.

Cheers, Olly
Anybody know what hourly rate a Project Manager could expect in Brisbane (8years ICT experience and certified PMP).
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

big nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nice

Hi,

i'm new to this thread. HELP!
What's the diference in wages for Prison officers here in the uk and there in OZ? and how easy is it to find a job?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ollydt

Cheers, Olly

Doesn't appear to be much demand! Lots of casual available though. I believe salaries start around the £14,000 mark
And finally Aussie trained and experienced generally will get the job everytime, unless you go to somewhere in the middles of nowhere, where no one wants to live
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

dainty will become famous soon enough

anyone work in healthcare in Cairns ?
what's it like ?

I'm an Occupational Therapist ,with experience in project work as well.

After looking at the registration requirements I just want to get some idea before i bother to go any further down this path

Tried getting details from the web but there was nothing forthcoming
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Pommysteve has a spectacular aura aboutPommysteve has a spectacular aura aboutPommysteve has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
Childcare - just thought I'd mention this. Wife runs two [soon to be three] childcare centres in Sydney's eastern suburbs. Always keen to hear from qualified, experienced childcare workers. F/t or p/t. Send c.v. to [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.