Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

chrisgav is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Does any know what the average wage is for some one who is a qualified electrician, and also has 17years experiance in the security industry, i am now a security sales consultant.

Any information would be a great help

This is my first time on here.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by chrisgav
Does any know what the average wage is for some one who is a qualified electrician, and also has 17years experiance in the security industry, i am now a security sales consultant.

Any information would be a great help

This is my first time on here.
Haven't got a clue about wages re electrician but just wanted to welcom you to expats
Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi oh will be working in a very big firm in cental perth,one that you may have mentioned be4

oh feels that he will climb the ladder much quicker over in oz than in the uk as there is no chance of progressing over here.

feels that its only 4 2yrs and then we can apply for pr that its worth doing.

ps hes been offered grade 7 but as there is 3 bands we dont know which one hes been offered
Companies I've worked for in Perth and may have mentioned are:
GHD - Friendly outfit with loads of work especially for Watercorp and Western Power. Not the best payers. Very high staff turnover. Take the piss with their 457 guys (they bring loads over. In fact this seems the only way they can get skilled staff as guys here do not want to work for them).
MPD JV - Big outfit doing BHPB iron-ore projects. Pay well plus bonus. Very busy.
Worley Parsons - Big, big company. More work than they can handle. Pretty friendly but traditionally not the best payers, although this has changed recently. Low staff turnover. People seem to stay here long term. Best outfit I've worked for in Perth.

Disagree about lack of opportunities in the UK. Everyone I used to work with over there is busy and earning top dollar. They have a big skill shortage in the UK too. Life there not as good as Perth though!

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 24th 2007 at 2:51 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisgav
Does any know what the average wage is for some one who is a qualified electrician...:
Between $24 - $30/hr neg+super+perks company van + phone. Have a look on seek. You will need to be licenced.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

retail what kind i work as a supervisour for woolworths in the uk ?????????????? kaz
Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Great post to inform people

Hubby- Carpenter $30 an hour
Me - Retail $20 an hour
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

does anyone know what skilled bakers get per hour in victoria

kaz
Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

so why does none want to work for wp????????

the trouble with uk is that oh has moved up the ladder as far as he can where he is and he would have to move away to go up the ladder and grid wont offer him a move.

and anyway sunny essex cant compete with perth
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

so why does none want to work for wp????????

the trouble with uk is that oh has moved up the ladder as far as he can where he is and he would have to move away to go up the ladder and grid wont offer him a move.

and anyway sunny essex cant compete with perth
I think you are a bit confused. I work for WP and think they are good. They just don't pay top salaries, although on the project I'm working on they are.
GHD struggles to recruit in Perth, hence all the 457s.
I've given up on trying to get ahead. I've gone for the big bucks with contracting and am qite happy to cruise along.

Still think $62k is too low in the current market.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear that wp is a good company to work for will see what they offer us when they send us the contract also they are willing to do 457
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

glad to hear that wp is a good company to work for will see what they offer us when they send us the contract also they are willing to do 457
WP are okay. That they have offered you a low salary does not surprise me. Getting money out of them is like getting blood out of a stone! They've had to pay a good rate on this project as they were losing too many people. Remember the restrictions of a 457. I hope your husband does not get frustrated working next to guys earning 2-3 times more than he does. Make sure that WP do not take the piss with you.
IMO, $62k is not enough for an average family with a mortgage. I think $80k is a good minimum family income.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

we are renting for a while and then will sell uk home and then buy outright
with no morgage so should be ok

what do you do??????
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

are there any bakers out there ??? or does anyone know the wage ph ?

geelong area

many thanks
kaz
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

we are renting for a while and then will sell uk home and then buy outright
with no morgage so should be ok

what do you do??????
With no mortgage you should be okay. $62k is not that great a salary in Perth. Cost of living is similar to the UK. Some things more expensive, like groceries. Others cheaper, like petrol.

I'm the lead of an electrical design team on a large iron ore mining project (FMG).
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

your doing the mega $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ then.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

aprilr will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Does anyone know how much a train fitter would earn in Perth.

April

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.