Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Apr 6th 2007, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

SteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant future
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

...and we are hoping that Kate can manage to teach me how to spell "school" before we get to OZ!!...Steve
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

haircut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello could anybody tell me what I would earn as a plasterer in OZ
Thanks for the help guys
Haircut
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

KOMBI KING is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auto Panel Beater / Painter Wanted !!!!!

WE NEED A GOOD AUTO PANEL BEATER / PAINTER FOR OUR BUSINESS IN LOVELY NOOSA ON THE SUNSHINE COAST. GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, GREAT PLACE TO WORK !!!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:04 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by collybabe24
any one know what the average wage for mechanics is in queensland?
thanks

Anyone know what the wage is for mechanics in Sydney aswell please
Thanks.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

shavin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi could you give me some idea of how brickies work in Oz please (particularly Perth/Brisbane) and what the average wage is? Is there much call for them? DH is self employed in the UK, are brickies also self employed in Oz?

Many thanks
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:16 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto Panel Beater / Painter Wanted !!!!!

Originally Posted by KOMBI KING
WE NEED A GOOD AUTO PANEL BEATER / PAINTER FOR OUR BUSINESS IN LOVELY NOOSA ON THE SUNSHINE COAST. GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, GREAT PLACE TO WORK !!!!
I know a keen carpenter if that's any good to you
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:23 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Any one looking for a mechanic heading out there in september maybe queensland or new south wales, undecided. Whats the wage like?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by collybabe24
Any one looking for a mechanic heading out there in september maybe queensland or new south wales, undecided. Whats the wage like?
We'll hopefuly be joining you sooner rather than later, we're only at the skills assessment stage yet. If you do end up near Sydney you'll have to let us know how you get on as my OH is a mechanic.

Good luck and I hope your move goes ok x
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Dragon12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Any ideas what a digger driver would get in construction, my husband drives a JCB for the water board, would it be better to stay in utilities or swap to general construction?

Also, don't know if its relevent but we made some enquiries with an agent, www.***************.com and has anyone else heard of them? The info seems to be ok but I was concerned about the job prospects, they say

"some clients work 20 hours a week and earn $70,000 per annum. Please
remember that in Australia a Dollar buys a similar amount to the pound in UK but due to the much higher income and VAT taxes in UK they are able to buy the same amount they could buy if earning £80,000 in UK, in Australia they are still only working 20 hours per week."

Sounds a bit too good to be true and they don't quote fees, instead they evaluate individually.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks

Natalie

PS new to site so sorry if in wrong place
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:28 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

My hubby has sent CV to a few dealerships in Sydney and they seem very keen. We went over nearly 2 years ago and he made a contacct with 4 dealerships all offered a position so hopefully thats good. I am a bit worried about the wage though.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:54 am
Just Joined

nmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant future
Default hairdressers????

hey - me any my boyfriend are heading to perth soon. i am a trained hairdresser, although only just so i will oging in as a junior stylist...does anyone know a site which is just for hairdressing recruitment?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Dragon12
Hi

Any ideas what a digger driver would get in construction, my husband drives a JCB for the water board, would it be better to stay in utilities or swap to general construction?

Also, don't know if its relevent but we made some enquiries with an agent, www.***************.com and has anyone else heard of them? The info seems to be ok but I was concerned about the job prospects, they say

"some clients work 20 hours a week and earn $70,000 per annum. Please
remember that in Australia a Dollar buys a similar amount to the pound in UK but due to the much higher income and VAT taxes in UK they are able to buy the same amount they could buy if earning £80,000 in UK, in Australia they are still only working 20 hours per week."

Sounds a bit too good to be true and they don't quote fees, instead they evaluate individually.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks

Natalie

PS new to site so sorry if in wrong place
From reading all the other info that others have left and what we have learnt is that one of the main things to make sure of is that any agency gives you a fixed rate for any fees that they are going to charge. Personally we have started using an agency based in London called Ambler Collins, OH previously used them to get a visa but then didn't go he had a very positive experience with them and they do have a website to nosy on. There are a lot of recommendations on various threads though. Hope this helps
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Kelly C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vickys
From reading all the other info that others have left and what we have learnt is that one of the main things to make sure of is that any agency gives you a fixed rate for any fees that they are going to charge. Personally we have started using an agency based in London called Ambler Collins, OH previously used them to get a visa but then didn't go he had a very positive experience with them and they do have a website to nosy on. There are a lot of recommendations on various threads though. Hope this helps
I have used Ambler Collins and i think they are really good especially if you need help doing the trade assesment. Our contact Adrian has been really good answering all sorts of question and concerns.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Dragon12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Thanks Vickys and Kelly C, I will check Ambler Collins out,
Found loads of gret info on this site, I am so glad I joined
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Purchasing manager, Perth, $105k inc 9% superann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.