Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

billy flymo has a brilliant futurebilly flymo has a brilliant futurebilly flymo has a brilliant futurebilly flymo has a brilliant futurebilly flymo has a brilliant futurebilly flymo has a brilliant future
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Wendy
Youll be looking at around $50 - $60k per year for a maintenance sparkie once licenced.

Can't help with the TA job though I'm afraid
what are hairdressers on, from what i can read jobs are few and far between im scared now!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billy flymo
what are hairdressers on, from what i can read jobs are few and far between im scared now!

Can only speak for South Australia as I've not looked anywhere else. There's usually about 10 -20 jobs listed every Wed/Sat here for hairdressers.

Not sure how much they earn as it doesn't say.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

beckyandmarv will become famous soon enough

Hi anyone know how much a sign writer would get in the Sunshine coast/ Brisbane area?

any ideas would be a great help been looking everywhere, why could he not be a plumber?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

evec is an unknown quantity at this point

[Hi there, I'm a painter & will be in Brisbane in June. I'm looking for work, whats the situation like ? Anybody know? I'v been reading loads of negatives on this site about people not finding jobs,it's worried me a bit. Can anyone help to set my mind at ease as we've sold house etc...
Thanks Sean.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:45 am
Just Joined

evec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,you write loads in here so I thought you might help. I'm a painter moving to Perth soon & am wondering do you know anyone that sponsors painters? I've 25yrs experience.What is the jobs situation in general fof painters?
Thanks alot ,
Sean (Irish)
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lovingOz
We have been in Oz for nearly 7 years, and have enjoyed the booming markets.

My husband is a Motor Mechanic (self employed with 2 staff) we earn approx $100k per year.

My brother has been here 3 years and started his own building gang, now has 7 guys and work for +++++ more he can earn in excess of $10k per week after paying wages!!!!

The boom times are really here in Perth
Can you advise anything about Sydney at all, my OH is a Diesel Motor mechnanic and we should hopefully moving over there asap can you give me any idea of expected salaries and how easy it will be for him to find work??
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

rob6474 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Just wondering if there are any people in the rail industry out there who can tell me the wages that a licensed signal designer could expect.
There seem to be a few jobs looking at the recruitment sites but they are very reticent when talking about salaries!
Thanks,
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

scampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant future

re jobs in brisbane and sunshine coast.
i read the answers to some who are finding it difficult to get jobs on the sunshine coast. my husband is a cnc miller/turner/ first class machinist/toolmaker. we were hoping to go to brisbane and surrounding area, now worried after reading forums that he may not find any work. would it be better to relocate to Adelaide then?? We were really hoping to go to Brisbane.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

long live marmite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
Hi there I got this link from poms in oz, just wondered what to expect a roofer to get & do you think he would have any difficulty in obtaining work?? Whats the best way to secure a job,any ideas wiuld be soooooooo helpful. Thanx x
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

matrix67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
Hi Donna, after less than 12 months we have just received word that our Visa's are on their way!! I'm a carpenter also and desperate to learn about work in and around the Gold Coast, so any advise you have would be greatly appreciated, regards Marco & family
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

matrix67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippies
I can't tell you how reassuring that is to hear - Dale is so worried about not being able to support us as he does here. He is a true grafter and very good at his job so hopefully he'll get on well, still a worry though. Just hope that carpentry work is always in demand!
Hi guy's , just read your mail and now curious how dale is doing, i'm a carpenter & joiner also and heading to the Gold coast in June, any advise would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Marco
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:57 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matrix67
Hi guy's , just read your mail and now curious how dale is doing, i'm a carpenter & joiner also and heading to the Gold coast in June, any advise would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Marco
We're still in Birmingham Marco, waiting for our visa You'll be out there before us, good luck, let us know how it goes
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

vicjules is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
OH + self=both optometrists, jobs similar to ours in Tas being advertised at $90k + super, 4 weeks annual leave + 1 day professional training leave.
Could you guys tell me how to go about looking for optom positions in Oz. my wife and I are both optoms and plan to head to sunnier shores in the near future. Trawing the net has yielded very little so far but apparently there are many positions avaliable. we will be going to QLD
Old Apr 6th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really nice

Just wondering if there are any Internal auditors out there. My OH is a Internal auditor and we are hoping to move to Melbourne September/October. We were wondering what the demand is for auditors, the salary and do they recognize the qualifications that he has in this country i.e. MIIA.
Even if someone could point us in the direction of someone who could help us it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

SteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant futureSteveDurham has a brilliant future
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi All! New to this forum and hoping for some sage words of advice please?
O.H. and self hoping to move to Melbourne ( looking at Mornington Penninsula-any thoughts anyone?) next year and am trying to get a fix on job prospects and possible salaries?...Kate is a Primary School Teacher (though may have to work as Pre-Scool to meet visa requirements)..I am a Child Protection Social Worker with lots of management experience in Social Care. Thanks for reading this-your input much appreciated!

Cheers
Kate +Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.