Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Kelly C
Hi Paul,

Who do you work for if you don't mind me asking? I have been looking on Cisco's website to see who the Gold certified partners are in Oz and there are more than i was expecting. I am travelling to Perth in March for a look around before we make the decision about where we definitley want to move to. As the hubby is an Air Con Engineer it is down to where i can get the best job as to where we move to. I am wondering if it will be worth me sending my CV's to a couple of companies before March to see if i can meet up with potential employers - do you think this is a good idea??

Kelly
I work for Asgard, a financial services company that is owned by St George Bank. Can't offer any advice on work in Perth as far as networks go as not been involved on that side here, just been working on the software dev side.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

pauly1664 will become famous soon enoughpauly1664 will become famous soon enough

was wondering what the job market for panel beater/painter or industrial sprayers is...and what sort of wage i could expect.....ive been offered a sponsership in pert and im not sure what this involves.can anyone help??
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Dave Ascott will become famous soon enoughDave Ascott will become famous soon enough

Hi
We are seriously considering moving to oz either next year or the year after when my wife qualifies as a Counsellor.

Does anyone know the normal going rate for my work i am a Financial Services Recruitment Consultant supplying Qualified Accountants into the Banking and Insurance Markets, My base salry here in the UK is £35k with commission of between £40k and £60k on top of salary. also does anyone know what the going rate would be for a qualified counsellor couneslling for stress addiction etc etc as my wife is looking to work for 2 years before setting up on her own.

By the way we are considering Brisbane and Sidney at the moment with Brisbane being the front runner

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciatted

I look forward to hearing from you

Kindest Regards

Dave Ascott
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

storm808 will become famous soon enoughstorm808 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can provide me with some usefull advice. I have recently been offered a job in Sydney CBD. I am considering this option very carefully as I am currently living in the UK. I wanted to know how much TAX does the worker have to pay if earning approx $125,000. Also I would be arriving on a 457 visa where do I stand with medicare etc.. My wife will also be coming with me if I choose to take the job. Many thanks
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

ware01uk will become famous soon enoughware01uk will become famous soon enough

Dear All

My Hubby and I are looking to move to Oz and i was wondering if anybody could tell me how much a Medical Sales Representative would earn? and whether you can do the job part time
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
I work for Asgard, a financial services company that is owned by St George Bank. Can't offer any advice on work in Perth as far as networks go as not been involved on that side here, just been working on the software dev side.
Can you offer any advice on the software side? i am a .net programmer (vb) but i am working with c# a little at the moment.

Robert
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

MONNOX will become famous soon enoughMONNOX will become famous soon enough

hiya all

we are looking to move over to nsw in the next 24 months as my brother already has and loves it, was wondering if anybody knows what my trade pays and any companies i would contact!!! i work for a well known coffee company as a technical service engineer on espresso m/cs/vending fully trained currently on £30k in the uk any help would be aappreciated
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

I've been sponsored by Perth Government and i'm currently waiting for my Visa to come through. My OH is a Painter/Decorator and wonder whether anyone could give me some idea of the wages in Perth?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
Can you offer any advice on the software side? i am a .net programmer (vb) but i am working with c# a little at the moment.

Robert
There is plenty of work on the .net side but where I work we are a Java shop so no personal experience of .net here. We use a mixture of Java and Oracle, together with legacy systems using Forte, ProIV and some other minor systems.

Cheers

Paul
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
There is plenty of work on the .net side but where I work we are a Java shop so no personal experience of .net here. We use a mixture of Java and Oracle, together with legacy systems using Forte, ProIV and some other minor systems.

Cheers

Paul
do you think its worth looking into when we are in perth? been trying to find a 457 but no luck, we are only in perth for 26/3 - 30/3.

cheers

Robert
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
do you think its worth looking into when we are in perth? been trying to find a 457 but no luck, we are only in perth for 26/3 - 30/3.

cheers

Robert
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a list of agencies to contact....also may be worth PM Steve99 as he works in IT recruitment here in Perth.

Cheers

Paul
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

angeg will become famous soon enoughangeg will become famous soon enough
Question Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
hi new today not sure what im doing but my husband and i are thinking about setting out on this journey he works for the jag as a rectifier what are the job prospects like in adelaide
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, looking for advice on what job in Oz would be similar to what I do in the UK. i'm a finance underwriter for one of those notorious "debt consolidation" companies that advertise on TV. So I'm in finance but with no offical qualification, just 6 years experience. Would be willing to do anything vaguely similar; mortgage advisor, bank work etc... What jobs exist with what salary? What experience/qualifications are needed?
Many thanks x
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

we live in Melbourne, Im working as a district nurse, pa $49k, OH has had 4 or maybe 5 jobs, fork lift truk driving $22 hourly, need a license for just about everything here, hes been offered a job in road works for $23 an hour, daughter is working in tlesales, no cold calling, $18 hour plus commission on sales
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

My partner is a tree surgeon and we are planning to move to Perth next spring, does any one know what sort of pay he/ job opps etc he is likely to get in that area, interested in working out what sort of lifestyle we could afford out there.

Thanks
Shona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.