Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:12 am
Just Joined

kaysnjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

My partner is a welder but has been pipefitting/plumber for the past few years, any ideas how much he could expect to earn in Brisbane?
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

angiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the rough

i have no idea about pay in Australia im sorry
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

abranch is an unknown quantity at this point

Just enquiring about wages for solid plasterers in Perth. Husband can go on a independant visa but really would like to know about wages. He works on a self employed basis now and would like to do this in Perth. He would like to work for someone once first for a few months and then work for himself ie subcontracting and advertising in the papers like he does in the Uk. Any ideas on pay etc would be much appreciated. Also do you have to have a licence for working for yourself and if so how long does this take?
Many thanks Allison
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:32 pm
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sassenach
Bricklayer = price work average 2500 a week
OH , nurse = 1000 a week
what area to you live in please?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:51 pm
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sassenach
Bricklayer = price work average 2500 a week
OH , nurse = 1000 a week
my hubby bricklayer, roore, plasterer - does he have to get alicence to work in Queensland - if so how does he do it and is it complicated - any info will be useful thanks xx
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmalina
Perth
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

coxdebra will become famous soon enough

ive trawlled through this no end - cant believe its still on the go - my god, doesnt anyonetake into consideration increase in wages per annum ?

My advice.

If you are working in the public sector you will be paid in accordance with your qualifications ie) if you have a diploma, masters etc, you will get extra

Dont know about private sector or small businesses.

Its not the UK, but as you have elected to come and live here, be prepared for a difference in your income. If you are not prepared for that, dont come here - simple!!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:37 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxdebra
ive trawlled through this no end - cant believe its still on the go - my god, doesnt anyonetake into consideration increase in wages per annum ?

My advice.

If you are working in the public sector you will be paid in accordance with your qualifications ie) if you have a diploma, masters etc, you will get extra

Dont know about private sector or small businesses.

Its not the UK, but as you have elected to come and live here, be prepared for a difference in your income. If you are not prepared for that, dont come here - simple!!!!!
I'm sure the majority of people are 'prepared' for a difference in their income. Part of the prepration of that is finding out what that difference will be.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clippies
I'm sure the majority of people are 'prepared' for a difference in their income. Part of the prepration of that is finding out what that difference will be.
well said clips. it is called research
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kaysnjack
My partner is a welder but has been pipefitting/plumber for the past few years, any ideas how much he could expect to earn in Brisbane?
welding jobs around $50k but if you want to chase them there are jobs at +$100k, usually fly in- fly out and such
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

hello,

i am a carpenter looking to move over to oz in november 07, can anyone tell me any goods web sites to browse for jobs , and also what is the average wage for a carpenter? is there good opportunities for them?

thanks

paul
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

All well and good, but everyone's circumstances are different - ig, different state, different employers, different qualifictions. Research is getting your facts straight - this is hardly the same.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:43 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluenose27
hello,

i am a carpenter looking to move over to oz in november 07, can anyone tell me any goods web sites to browse for jobs , and also what is the average wage for a carpenter? is there good opportunities for them?

thanks

paul
Hello You can try www.seek.com.au although I have to say I only ever seem to find carpentry jobs for Perth on that website. Where are you heading?

Originally Posted by coxdebra
All well and good, but everyone's circumstances are different - ig, different state, different employers, different qualifictions. Research is getting your facts straight - this is hardly the same.
Of course everyone's circumstances are different! It's still possible to get a ball park figure for someone in the same job in the same area you are heading. Average hourly rate for the tradies is useful to know. I really can't understand your problem with it
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Hello You can try www.seek.com.au although I have to say I only ever seem to find carpentry jobs for Perth on that website. Where are you heading?

Of course everyone's circumstances are different! It's still possible to get a ball park figure for someone in the same job in the same area you are heading. Average hourly rate for the tradies is useful to know. I really can't understand your problem with it

I dont understand why you feel I have a problem with it!!!!

I am just pointing out my observations. - Having lived and worked in Australia for 18 months I am aware of lots of misconceptions people gather from others - and how misleading it can be as to what you experience when you actually get here. I have met people who have really struggled to get work, despite being told its easy to find a job. I have met people who cant afford to stay here and have had to go back to the UK because they cant afford to live here due to 'poor' wages. Each circumstance is different, but I think its important to know what you are letting yourself in for - fair enough if you already have a job and know what you are earning, but there are many who are not as fortunate as that and I dont think its fair to be fooled by "what might be". For many people (like me and my husband) we came here and it was 'pot luck' regarding what jobs we would get, fortunately we have been lucky - but thats not to say its been easy. We very nearly went back a year ago!!!!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:59 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emmalina
perth ,that is a typical wage for a small team set up ie a 2 and one working on a price on wages a brickie will expect to earn 300 a day ,maybe a bit more if good .My wife is a nurse and thats what she brings in a week .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.