Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
Can anybody please tell me how much plasterers are on please?

Many thanks

Shaun

................. and roof slater and tilers ?????
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
well i'm a nurse and i know i wont be on $1000 a week! is that per fortnight?

Me too. I have a job lined up and know that I wont be earning that. Top rate for a registered nurse in Brisbane is about $25 an hour i think. With the enhancements (which are crap compared to what we get here, especially nights!!) it would be possible to tak home that amount.

Then again, don't know what the 2nd level would get.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Me too. I have a job lined up and know that I wont be earning that. Top rate for a registered nurse in Brisbane is about $25 an hour i think. With the enhancements (which are crap compared to what we get here, especially nights!!) it would be possible to tak home that amount.

Then again, don't know what the 2nd level would get.
Something gets seriously lost in translation with these nurses rates. I cannot Imagine Melbourne and Pschy nurses rates are too different to General nurses in Brisbane.

25 dollars per hour would be the absoulte basic that one could earn, There is no such real rate as that in fact. I think the first thing that gets lost in translation is our "penalty payment" system. Which in UK terms is shift allowance. There are so many different rates that come under that umbrella that it's impossible for me to go through them all. I can tell you though, that if you work for an agency, in Melbourne, on afternoon/evening shift the rate will be closer to 42 bucks per hour... rising to 54 dollars per hour for night shift..... with rates of 65 bucks per hour for public holidays. This is fact.

Even if one doesnt work for an agency, and ends up in the lucrative tax system that the Government hospitals provide, where salary sacrficing adds circa 33pct to ones wage. IE: you allocate 1/3rd of your salary to say your mortgage, and that gets paid tax free.

Talk to the nurses employment agencies for the real picture.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

If nurses get paid that much, why don't they all contract and work for agencies....?

Can they do that in the UK?!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
If nurses get paid that much, why don't they all contract and work for agencies....?

Can they do that in the UK?!!
They get close to that on the Nurses bank as well at the Royal Melbourne, and its umbrella group. Working for the public hospitals, enables Health staff to take advantage of Salary Packaging.

Have to remember Badge, that Agency work, equates to no Sickies/public holidays/ or other leave entitlements.... So theres between 8 to 15 pct worth of income.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Hi Donna and good shout.....
Me also Carpenter in Perth and wages for me differ weekly......good week,including a few hours Saturdays....up to $1500.00 , bad week.. no Saturday and minimum hours....$850/950.00.
Hourly rates can differ...know most are on $25/30 per hour and heard talk of some on up to $40 per hour.All say the same though...If you can make up to $1500.00 in a week you are doing well.
Hope this answers a few questions for some.

Ian
Hi ian
lee from manchester
iam half way through my skilled visa to australia,perth hoping to get there early next year . Iam a joinerv myself .the work you do is it cards in or price work? and the 110v in england can it be used in oz..i have a million questions to ask dnt want to over do it
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice
Red face Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Dear All,
Hope this finds everyone well.

Was wondering if any one could help.Looking at the possibility of moving to either melbourne or sydney areas.However i read there has been alot of chatter about the quickly rising cost of living in Australia.
Still trying at the moment to estimate what type of salary i could expect to get.
I am a dual qualified nurse trained in scotland and england (learning disability/intellectual disability and paediatrics) with a Bsc(Hons) and 13 years experience.With 5 years in a managerial role running a respite care unit for children with learning disability/intellectual disability and complex medical/health care issues.

Have found it difficuilt to find such information on the web.So Just really looking for an average so i can try to compare what i earn here and what i may earn there.

Thank you for any help.

regards.

nirrade
Old Sep 21st 2006, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

pphillips105 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you earned $3500 P/W that equals to $182K, which is NOT CRAP

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Is it? I thought Australian wages were "crap." That's what people keep telling me. So I can only assume that $3500 gross a week is "crap."

After all, if sassenach and his OH can only survive on a joint wage of $3500 gross per week by "applied effort and sacrifice", then $3500 must be extremely "crap" indeed.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 11:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pphillips105
If you earned $3500 P/W that equals to $182K, which is NOT CRAP
Umm, I think there is some sarcasm involved in Vash's post dude.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Umm, I think there is some sarcasm involved in Vash's post dude.

You don't say
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 12:51 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Senior officer SA Govt AU$66k+

Very crap wages compared to UK. Earnt GBP 48K in 2003 (=AU$115k)

Didn't come here for the money though and houses, petrol and stuff are dirt cheap.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

hi everyone
just a quicky ,Im looking for work for my partner health and safety consultant but not seen anything at the moment. just wondering if anyone dose or know anyone who dose health and safety and if the job is common in australia.thanks.....lee
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
They get close to that on the Nurses bank as well at the Royal Melbourne, and its umbrella group. Working for the public hospitals, enables Health staff to take advantage of Salary Packaging.

Have to remember Badge, that Agency work, equates to no Sickies/public holidays/ or other leave entitlements.... So theres between 8 to 15 pct worth of income.
Most IT contractors I know don't care. The increased pay makes up for it anyhow.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:08 am
Banned

connaust is an unknown quantity at this point

For more info on job opportunities etc. in regions see
http://www.workplace.gov.au/lmip/

For regional info on job supply, salaries, etc. see
http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/

Cheers Andrew AIEC
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

scampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant future

How do we find out the hourly rate for a CNC miller/turner in the engineering sector?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.