Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Smile the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi everyone,
Thought it would be a good idea for the people not yet here in Oz who are researching,to get an idea of the wages paid here and for what job (and for the people here in Oz who just want to be nosey ) .As this is info I found hard to get hold of in the UK.
Although, if you would rather not disclose all your personal details, just popdown what you are happy with people knowing, I'm sure it would be a help.

Me- not working
Hubby- Carpenter on $30 an hr

We are on the Gold Coast.

Donna xxx
Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:48 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Bricklayer = price work average 2500 a week
OH , nurse = 1000 a week
Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Hi Donna and good shout.....
Me also Carpenter in Perth and wages for me differ weekly......good week,including a few hours Saturdays....up to $1500.00 , bad week.. no Saturday and minimum hours....$850/950.00.
Hourly rates can differ...know most are on $25/30 per hour and heard talk of some on up to $40 per hour.All say the same though...If you can make up to $1500.00 in a week you are doing well.
Hope this answers a few questions for some.

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to post my income but design engineers in resources sector in Perth are on AUD60-80/hour usually for a 45 hour week plus a 5-10% loyalty bonus. So that's AUD130-180k/year.

Perth is a great place to be at the moment.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Not there yet, but offered jobs in Perth:
Hubby Engineering Electronics Technician offered $50k starting salary
Me offered job with well known migration agency as trainee $34k starting salary plus bonuses.

Both of us turned these down, as we are not going to Perth, but to Adelaide. I also think the salary offered was too low for both of us. Looking on Seek we've found jobs advertised for more.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 10:33 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

HUbby is an Airframe Mechanic and is on $42k plus overtime which takes him up to about $60k. Theres no way in the world that we could survive on his basic wage - not in NSW anyway but with the overtime we're fine
Old Jul 16th 2006, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

Me - Snr Business Analyst - $110k + supa
Husband - IT Solutions Architect (contractor) $85 per hour

These are Sydney wages
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:39 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I work in marketing, current salary is about $85k + super

OH works in recruitment and made about $125k last year, including commission payments (which unfortunately get taxed as fringe benefits at 50%)

These are both Sydney salaries

Some people are earning lots more than me - they must be the mythical people who can afford to buy property in Sydney!!!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

OH + self=both optometrists, jobs similar to ours in Tas being advertised at $90k + super, 4 weeks annual leave + 1 day professional training leave.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 1:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

could one of the mods pin this to the top of the Oz forum for a while?
Old Jul 17th 2006, 1:46 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
could one of the mods pin this to the top of the Oz forum for a while?
Just as long as you don't post your pic again on here

As Wall & Floor Tilers Deb & I charge between $30-$35 per m2 + GST dependant upon areas tiled and the amount of metres, distance to job etc. Rural areas like ours pay more than metro areas, distances to jobs are much greater though

Last edited by cresta57; Jul 17th 2006 at 1:53 am. Reason: Add more info
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57

i promise
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by cresta57

As Wall & Floor Tilers Deb & I charge between $30-$35 per m2 + GST dependant upon areas tiled and the amount of metres, distance to job etc. Rural areas like ours pay more than metro areas, distances to jobs are much greater though
thanx for that mate, i think its a great idea for a post.
it seems most people are returning (lately) after seeing what they get paid
Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Great post to inform people

Hubby- Carpenter $30 an hour
Me - Retail $20 an hour
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:12 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Hairdressers in Townsville are paid around $20 an hour.

Admin Officers/Receptionists up to about $20 an hour, more for temping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.