Reload this Page >

Office Manager + Organization Chart

Office Manager + Organization Chart

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 4:48 am
Just Joined

arham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Office Manager + Organization Chart

Please tell me two things.

If a person is an Office Manager in an immigration consultancy firm like this then would his/her experience is considered to be valid??
Does the strength of the company matters?? if so then how many people should be included in a company's organizational chart?

i humbly request you to please provide me the answers of both of my questions on immediate basis.

God Help Those Who Help Others.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 6:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Office Manager + Organization Chart

Is it just that I've had a tough day, or is anyone else confused??
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 6:22 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is it just that I've had a tough day, or is anyone else confused??

yup. God knows that he is supposed to reward they that help others but even God knows that in order to reward those who help others he must know that the people wanting to be rewarded for helping others must know how to help those that need help.

BM

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by arham

If a person is an Office Manager in an immigration consultancy firm like this then would his/her experience is considered to be valid??
Does the strength of the company matters?? if so then how many people should be included in a company's organizational chart?

i humbly request you to please provide me the answers of both of my questions on immediate basis.

Are you also Band of Brothers who posted something about street battles?
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he means with regards to assessment?

When I was looking into assessment as General Manager, AIM wanted an organizanational chart showing who was responsible to whom.

For General manager you had to prove that you had at least 2 levels of manager below you and also levels of management above you in the organizational chart. Not sure about Office Manager though?
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 7:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Badge
yup. God knows that he is supposed to reward they that help others but even God knows that in order to reward those who help others he must know that the people wanting to be rewarded for helping others must know how to help those that need help.

BM

Just so longs it's done on an immediate basis I guess
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Nice replies! i think that would help me alot
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:05 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the impression from the posts that if you want the answers as quickly as you state, then you should pay a professional
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:17 am
Just Joined

another helpful answer
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:40 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ZimBabe
I think he means with regards to assessment?

When I was looking into assessment as General Manager, AIM wanted an organizanational chart showing who was responsible to whom.

For General manager you had to prove that you had at least 2 levels of manager below you and also levels of management above you in the organizational chart. Not sure about Office Manager though?

I didn't have to provide an org chart when I was assessed as an Office Manager!!

Jo
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:45 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joh117
I didn't have to provide an org chart when I was assessed as an Office Manager!!

Jo
An office manager is not the same as a general manager

Peter
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:52 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=ptlabs]An office manager is not the same as a general manager

I know that but the original post is about Office Manager and Org Chart and we are all trying to get our heads around what the person is asking.

Jo
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

OK, so let me have another go at answering what I think you may be asking.

Office Manager is a job title used for functions which vary greatly from company to company. Ranging from pure secretarial to total office management. On the one hand, it's valuable to work for a big blue chip company because it looks good on your CV & you have chances of promotion, but your job scope may be more limited, since Facilities Management, Personnel etc etc will fall under different departments.

In a smaller company, for instance, an immigration consultancy, you may be responsible for everything, except for the consultancy work.

The size of the office is, of course, relevant. Whether you are running an office of 40 people or 10, by yourself - will make a difference & I suppose this could be illustrated in a simple org. chart.

Anyway - hope this goes some way to answering your questions.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If a person is an Office Manager in an immigration consultancy firm like this s.
I like the way this sentence is phrased.....does this mean Expats has an Office Manager? If not , should we nominate one?
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I like the way this sentence is phrased.....does this mean Expats has an Office Manager? If not , should we nominate one?
In my many years of experience "office manager" is a term pushy secretarys use to make them feel more improtant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.