Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Office admin work on the Sunshine Coast... Anything going?

Office admin work on the Sunshine Coast... Anything going?

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Question Office admin work on the Sunshine Coast... Anything going?

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of any entry level office admin work which may be available on the Sunshine Coast (QLD)? Although I do not have any degree level qualifications, I do have a Certificate IV in Business and Administration, and 10 years permanent full time office/admin work experience, but am having real problems finding anything on the coast. Any assistance would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!

Jamie
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Office admin work on the Sunshine Coast... Anything going?

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Hi everyone

Does anyone know of any entry level office admin work which may be available on the Sunshine Coast (QLD)? Although I do not have any degree level qualifications, I do have a Certificate IV in Business and Administration, and 10 years permanent full time office/admin work experience, but am having real problems finding anything on the coast. Any assistance would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!

Jamie
You have the right experience and appear to have the right attitude... You should be good if you keep trying....

Good Luck and keep at it.....
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Question Re: Office admin work on the Sunshine Coast... Anything going?

Originally Posted by eddie007
You have the right experience and appear to have the right attitude... You should be good if you keep trying....

Good Luck and keep at it.....
Thanks for that Eddie... I really hope something comes along soon, I'm starting to get worried... I am sitting here at 2am in the morning, scouring the job websites looking for an opportunity. But all employers want is 4-5 years experience in their EXACT field of work... If I already had a job in insurance/retail/law/etc, I wouldn't be applying for another job in the same field, would I?!? If no one will let you through the front door, how will you ever get that experience in the first place?!?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Thanks for that Eddie... I really hope something comes along soon, I'm starting to get worried... I am sitting here at 2am in the morning, scouring the job websites looking for an opportunity. But all employers want is 4-5 years experience in their EXACT field of work... If I already had a job in insurance/retail/law/etc, I wouldn't be applying for another job in the same field, would I?!? If no one will let you through the front door, how will you ever get that experience in the first place?!?
Youngest is just 16, came back from OS wanting part time work while in grade 12. Fired off all the usual on line applications....... after a week they hadn't snapped him up, so he started his own little business. Assisting small business with their computer stuff, most middle agers have not got a clue compared to a 16 year old.

I dont think most jobs these days are advertised, you have to hunt them down. Other son got a apprenticeship as a sparky, these are like hens teeth, had some very snippy comments from other kids and parents like how the hell did you get that But he got out there offering to do work experience, he was doing some for a plumber but they couldnt take him on, the sparky saw he was a hard worker, liked his get our there style and took him on. Off to TAFE for first units next month, will be qualified by 21
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Its really hard for everyone to get work on the coast - just keep trying. Often it will be someone you meet or I would try cold contacting firms and then following up with resume, you may catch one before its advertised. Also on facebook add sunshine smith if you havent already and they will invite you to the local expat chat, now and again people will put something up on there.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 10:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably a silly question, but have you registered with temp agencies? That's how I got my job in Adelaide and how I got work in Perth when we first arrived here. Luckily I have skills in short supply but high demand (broad medical terminology and can type 80+ wpm) so I had no problem finding temp work which turned into a permanent job I love.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Hi might not be what you are looking for but have you thought of companies like budget direct or youi (insurance companies selling over the phone). Not really office admin work as such but they give you on the job training so no experience required, my husband started at budget when we first moved here and moved on from there.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

Thats a really good idea Emma, i know quite a few people who have and are working for them. They are always taking on. I know the coast can be hard especially at the moment, i def go with the cold calling idea as well. There is a group on facebk sunshine coast expats and they occasionally have people on there with work or pass on any they have heard off. Good luck.

Anne marie