Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Offering short term rental - advice anyone?

Offering short term rental - advice anyone?

Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Offering short term rental - advice anyone?

Hi everyone
Well I finally found a fantastic place to buy and put my offer in, all accepted and should be mine on the 7th December
Thing is I then tried to break my lease and they aint having none of it and I dont mean now, I was going to pay until after xmas when the rental market picks up but it now looks like I am going to have to stay in my rental til april.
Anyone had experience of offering short term rental? I was thinking maybe I could offer my new place on a month by month lease at the going rate until I can get out of my lease? Its a bloody gorgeous place btw
Help appreciated, I'm still not working and couldnt afford to pay rental and mortgage payments for 4 months!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offering short term rental - advice anyone?

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi everyone
Well I finally found a fantastic place to buy and put my offer in, all accepted and should be mine on the 7th December
Thing is I then tried to break my lease and they aint having none of it and I dont mean now, I was going to pay until after xmas when the rental market picks up but it now looks like I am going to have to stay in my rental til april.
Anyone had experience of offering short term rental? I was thinking maybe I could offer my new place on a month by month lease at the going rate until I can get out of my lease? Its a bloody gorgeous place btw
Help appreciated, I'm still not working and couldnt afford to pay rental and mortgage payments for 4 months!
Well done, Kelly! You're not wasting any timer, are you?! Is the new place in Cleveland too?

Good luck with finding someone to rent your current place. There're always people on here looking for a short term rental. You just never know.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:58 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Congrats on your house purchase.

Just a thought but if your rental is furnished, would it not be an option for people on here who are looking for temporary accommodation in the area until they secure their own rental?

Nicky
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Offering short term rental - advice anyone?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well done, Kelly! You're not wasting any timer, are you?! Is the new place in Cleveland too?

Good luck with finding someone to rent your current place. There're always people on here looking for a short term rental. You just never know.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Hi there!
No I am not messing about, took my road rules test today and now have my learners licence . O and I had a telephone interview for a job and arranged another interview for friday morning ..all crap pay but better than nowt!
My new place is in Cleveland (girls dont want to move too far from school) and prices here are ridiculous but I have gone for a villa this time rather than a great big house. I did think about this place but dont think people like it being used to tout for business?
Things are going well right now, hope you guys are ok too?
Kelly x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Congrats on your house purchase.

Just a thought but if your rental is furnished, would it not be an option for people on here who are looking for temporary accommodation in the area until they secure their own rental?

Nicky
Hi Nicky
as I was saying to JTL not sure if BE likes that kind of thing? I can think of a few experiences of twats trying to make money on here and I aint one of em!
I would make a mint tho wouldnt i? lol
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:29 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky
as I was saying to JTL not sure if BE likes that kind of thing? I can think of a few experiences of twats trying to make money on here and I aint one of em!
I would make a mint tho wouldnt i? lol
Hi Kelly
Good to hear you are getting on well - we met at a meet in Herts.
We are in Perth now and things are good for us
Good luck with breaking your lease.
Gillian
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sme
Hi Kelly
Good to hear you are getting on well - we met at a meet in Herts.
We are in Perth now and things are good for us
Good luck with breaking your lease.
Gillian
hey Gillian
good to hear from you :-)
Will pm you
Kelly x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Kelly,

We broke our lease too, thing is, you are responsible for the rent for as long as the remainder of the lease - which of course you know. We were in the same boat, our agent wasn't in a hurry to find new clients as the had the rent coming in for another four months. In the end as we were aware that the rent was 'high' (hindsight - we were ripped off), we offered the pay I think it was $50 per week for the remainder of our lease as an incentive. In the end it worked so we saved a bit of dosh.

I thought it was really hard to get a rental in this area at the mo, also, you may have to push the agent to get a new tenant, or advertise for one yourself. I know this is how many have got round this before.

Good luck and well done on finding your new home. Remember I'm only round the corner.

Take care

Tracey
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!
No I am not messing about, took my road rules test today and now have my learners licence . O and I had a telephone interview for a job and arranged another interview for friday morning ..all crap pay but better than nowt!
My new place is in Cleveland (girls dont want to move too far from school) and prices here are ridiculous but I have gone for a villa this time rather than a great big house. I did think about this place but dont think people like it being used to tout for business?
Things are going well right now, hope you guys are ok too?
Kelly x
Glad to hear you're all doing well now and hope the girls are enjoying school too. I think it's okay to mention you have a rental because it really can help out some other people on here. You're not exactly doing it as a business. I won't click on the "!" button, I promise.

I got my learner's license a couple of months ago but still haven't started lesson. My next door neighbour's daughter who lives in Wynnum is a driving instructor. I've got her number for ages and still haven't phoned for lesson. I should be calling her tomorrow and hopefully start next week. If you're looking for an instructor, let me know and I'll PM you the details. Or you can wait till I've had my first lesson so that I can let you know if I like her or not. I'll be doing stick shift (manual) but she teaches both. I really need to get my license soon before I'm stuck home with 2 babies under 2 years of age!

Will you be free for a cup of tea/coffee next Wednesday? I have an ultrasound scan at 1pm in Cleveland and can meet you before or after if you are interested.

Take care now,
Mrs JTL

P.S. Forgot to say hope the phone interview went well, and good luck on the interview on Friday.

Last edited by JackTheLad; Nov 8th 2006 at 10:08 am.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
Hi Kelly,

We broke our lease too, thing is, you are responsible for the rent for as long as the remainder of the lease - which of course you know. We were in the same boat, our agent wasn't in a hurry to find new clients as the had the rent coming in for another four months. In the end as we were aware that the rent was 'high' (hindsight - we were ripped off), we offered the pay I think it was $50 per week for the remainder of our lease as an incentive. In the end it worked so we saved a bit of dosh.

I thought it was really hard to get a rental in this area at the mo, also, you may have to push the agent to get a new tenant, or advertise for one yourself. I know this is how many have got round this before.

Good luck and well done on finding your new home. Remember I'm only round the corner.

Take care

Tracey
i Tracy
I've been crap getting back in touch sorry :-( just been overwhelmed with getting on with things if you know what I mean? Anyway will pm you and hopefully meet up soon
Kelly x