Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Offer on house after one week. OMG!!!!

Offer on house after one week. OMG!!!!

Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all
Default Offer on house after one week. OMG!!!!

I thought waiting for visa was nerve wracking. We have had an offer on the house and an entry date of 14th August, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure whether to accept it feel they are bullying us into taking it. Feel it's really quick and I feel so sick. We haven't got flights, packers organised or anything. I need to give my work one month notice aswell. Phoned Crown who can do it for then but no flights available until mid September. I remember there was a thread on here about Insurance prices who were cheaper than Crown, any advice would be great. Crown are 3.5% of value.

I am a nervous wreck and more neurotic than ever!!!

Good luck to all still waiting for visas, house sale etc.

Sandra
x

PS Karma to everyone!!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offer on house after one week. OMG!!!!

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
I thought waiting for visa was nerve wracking. We have had an offer on the house and an entry date of 14th August, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure whether to accept it feel they are bullying us into taking it. Feel it's really quick and I feel so sick. We haven't got flights, packers organised or anything. I need to give my work one month notice aswell. Phoned Crown who can do it for then but no flights available until mid September. I remember there was a thread on here about Insurance prices who were cheaper than Crown, any advice would be great. Crown are 3.5% of value.

Sandra
x

Congrats!!!!!!!! Don't worry about packers etc...that'll all fall into place.
Most important is to get the sale....make sure the buyer gets the ball moving asap.

TC
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:30 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to panic ..... take it one step at a time and it will all fall into place

Try these for the shipping insurance certainly half the price and very good

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/

All the best and go with the flow ...oh and have a few of these
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra
x

Hiya Sandra and Jim. Heres an update. Must be in Oz for 14th Oct. Visa granted Wed, phoned estate agent Thurs, he came on Mon, on website Tues, Paper Wed and sold Wednesday night with first viewer. We didnt just say yes, he offered what we wanted. Sil's sister wants all our stuff, only taking personal in shared container. Party on 25th Aug, hoping to fly on 1st Sep but we need buyer and solicitor to hurry up with paperwork. Friend of a friend in airline business got flights and holding them for us. Finish work on 28th Jul so homeless for 1 month. Move up to sil in Lochgilphead for 2 weeks. (got a flat on end of house). Back down to Clydebank for last week, week and a half. Provisionally booked hol in Qld. Sounds organised. NO ITS NOT. iTS BLOODY HECTIC. We need house signed and moving out date confirmed. Its limbo land again until its signed. Don't worry.(who am I kidding) As they keep saying on BE, it will all fall into place. I'm waiting on it going belly-up. Ever the optimist (ha ha) :scared:
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Huge congrats on the house sale !!! oh my god!!! just think, it's all meant to be and am sure you'll get there in the end. Know how nerve wracking it is, feel sick for you and us!! we haven't even got our visas yet and have put house on the market. Have never drunk so many bottles of wine!! (any excuse!!). Good luck, let us know how it turns out!! x

Sandra
x

Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Nice one!!!! So glad about your visas I know how fed up you were. We have an offer but he wants in on 14th August but my gut reaction is telling me to say no. I know I am going to get shot down in flames on here but I can't put my finger on him!! He hasn't offered us what we were asking for and he is desperate to get in on 14th so hopefully he will.

Sorry you didn't make it to Strathclyde Park, nice afternoon. All the very best with everything, and I thought we were bad.

Sandra (and Jim of course)
x

Originally Posted by framac
Hiya Sandra and Jim. Heres an update. Must be in Oz for 14th Oct. Visa granted Wed, phoned estate agent Thurs, he came on Mon, on website Tues, Paper Wed and sold Wednesday night with first viewer. We didnt just say yes, he offered what we wanted. Sil's sister wants all our stuff, only taking personal in shared container. Party on 25th Aug, hoping to fly on 1st Sep but we need buyer and solicitor to hurry up with paperwork. Friend of a friend in airline business got flights and holding them for us. Finish work on 28th Jul so homeless for 1 month. Move up to sil in Lochgilphead for 2 weeks. (got a flat on end of house). Back down to Clydebank for last week, week and a half. Provisionally booked hol in Qld. Sounds organised. NO ITS NOT. iTS BLOODY HECTIC. We need house signed and moving out date confirmed. Its limbo land again until its signed. Don't worry.(who am I kidding) As they keep saying on BE, it will all fall into place. I'm waiting on it going belly-up. Ever the optimist (ha ha) :scared:
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, we haven't even had a chance to celebrate getting our visas never mind house sale, family crap and all that!!!!

Good luck with your house sale.

Sandra

Originally Posted by liver bird
Huge congrats on the house sale !!! oh my god!!! just think, it's all meant to be and am sure you'll get there in the end. Know how nerve wracking it is, feel sick for you and us!! we haven't even got our visas yet and have put house on the market. Have never drunk so many bottles of wine!! (any excuse!!). Good luck, let us know how it turns out!! x
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

We have had similar, but our entry date is Nov 5th Still nerve wreaking and very excited at the same time. As they have said everything will fall into place. Best of luck
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think our estate agent thinks I want my cake and eat it. We want to be away quite a bit before Christmas so the girls can get settled into school before the summer hols but 4 weeks is just a bit too soon.

Best of luck.

Sandra

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
We have had similar, but our entry date is Nov 5th Still nerve wreaking and very excited at the same time. As they have said everything will fall into place. Best of luck
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

harryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the rough

I can empathise - we're in such a delimma about putting the house on the market now or waiting a while. I don't start work til Jan 15th in Oz but worry about chains etc in selling the house so want to get it on the market now. But what if it sells real quick! There's the hassle of temporary rent over here and also moving the furniture out. Must say this is GOOD worries - when you think of it all happening so quick the excitment becomes overwhelming!

Well done you guys though - sign from the cosmos to get the f*** out of here ASAP!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. And I thought waiting for the visa was worrying!!!! Still can't decide on this offer, I now I'm mad but feel he is pushing us into a corner with such a quick entry date.

Good luck.

Sandra

Originally Posted by harryed
I can empathise - we're in such a delimma about putting the house on the market now or waiting a while. I don't start work til Jan 15th in Oz but worry about chains etc in selling the house so want to get it on the market now. But what if it sells real quick! There's the hassle of temporary rent over here and also moving the furniture out. Must say this is GOOD worries - when you think of it all happening so quick the excitment becomes overwhelming!

Well done you guys though - sign from the cosmos to get the f*** out of here ASAP!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

harryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the roughharryed is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. And I thought waiting for the visa was worrying!!!! Still can't decide on this offer, I now I'm mad but feel he is pushing us into a corner with such a quick entry date.

Good luck.

Sandra
Gut response is important but weigh up the pros and cons - is he offering you an amount you think is fair and can deal with and what will this get you down under - perhaps part of it is you don't want to sell your beautiful home to a complete w****r but at the end of the day if he comes up with the cash that's what matters - if it facilitates you and your family getting over ASAP so much the better. As the saying goes there's nout quare as folk and he may have his own good reasons for a quick sale and completion. I think it's important to evaluate your own emotional response to the situation and consider why am I feeling this way. If it's based on fact then you know to trust it - if based on supposition then pause and think if there's an alternative perspective.

Good luck either way!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:02 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra
x

Wow Sandra,

That was quick......Dilemnas eh! Can't believe it's all happening so fast for you guys...Are you getting excited or just crapping yourself?

Will wait to hear more news.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Ginny,

Nice to hear from you. Crapping myself is a better option than excited I think!
I don't know why I feel like this maybe is all so very real now, I know it was before but OMG it's here!!!!!! He wants in on 14th August and I start back work on 16th, kids go back to school on 21st. As my older sis said my head is up my a*** and I am panicking!!!!! Not a very nice picture to paint but there it is!

Hope all is going well for you. Keep in touch.

Sandra
x

Originally Posted by Stitch
Wow Sandra,

That was quick......Dilemnas eh! Can't believe it's all happening so fast for you guys...Are you getting excited or just crapping yourself?

Will wait to hear more news.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

You sound so level headed and I hate you!!!! Juts kidding I know what you are saying is right I am just a pain in the rear!

Cheers and all the best with your move.

Sandra
x

Originally Posted by harryed
Gut response is important but weigh up the pros and cons - is he offering you an amount you think is fair and can deal with and what will this get you down under - perhaps part of it is you don't want to sell your beautiful home to a complete w****r but at the end of the day if he comes up with the cash that's what matters - if it facilitates you and your family getting over ASAP so much the better. As the saying goes there's nout quare as folk and he may have his own good reasons for a quick sale and completion. I think it's important to evaluate your own emotional response to the situation and consider why am I feeling this way. If it's based on fact then you know to trust it - if based on supposition then pause and think if there's an alternative perspective.

Good luck either way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.