Reload this Page >

Off to the UK...

Off to the UK...

Old Nov 26th 2002, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Off to the UK...

Originally posted by dotty
Heading off next week for a lovely Xmas with the family. Have done a house swap with friends of friends in Sussex. We are madly looking forward to freezing weather, sleeping in on grey mornings, popping out with just a coat instead of sun protection routines, wearing proper clothes instead of shorts, shops, proper shops, long walks in the country followed by hot tea and sticky buns. Theatres, arts, culture, the wonderful friendly pommie people who always make us laugh with their Ohs and Ahs how wonderful OZ must be. Day trips to France, driving two hours and not looking at the same dead countryside, living it up with all the things we so horribly miss here. Business dictates we will be back in January, but my daughter leaves permanently, staying in the UK to teach. Heres hoping our Uk guests survive our house and the usual 40 degree Xmas and the odd snake dropping out of our trees. Happy Xmas to you all, wherever you be.
Hi Dotty,

Remeber no caravans while you're here!!

Hope you have a fantastic time while you're here. I take it you'll be staying in the South of England (Day trips to France are out of the question if you live in Scotland - takes too long). Hope all goes well for your daughter too.

Bye for now.

Ginny
Old Nov 26th 2002, 7:56 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Off to the UK...

Originally posted by Ceri
It's not the shop... but all the lovely food in the shop .. how I long for some British food... Oh well I'll have to brave the madness of Brisbane. queuing for seafood, extravagant prices... they always put the prices up at Christmas on the seafood here. Fighting my way to the bottle shop , fighting the hoards of shoppers in the city... ahh humbug! I hate Christmas.

Yes you are right, I suppose it doesn't matter where you are in the world, everything goes mad at Christmas.

I hope you have a nice one though !

Regards,

Cinderella
Old Nov 27th 2002, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Pommie Sheila, just to explain the driving comment. I am talking about once on the interstate roads, you can drive DAYS and see nothing but the same old desert or drought ravaged countryside, but yep there are some pretty bits around the coasts, obviously as they are the Tourist areas!.

Try heading 2 hours west of Brisbane and you will soon see what I mean, its like a dead planet. Or head south west to NSW, it is the most horrible thing I have seen, dead dead land, animals trees all dead, grey and barren as far as you can see for hours on end. I didnt mean the tourist bits but the real Australia they dont show in the books.

Last edited by dotty; Nov 27th 2002 at 2:29 am.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dotty
Pommie Sheila, just to explain the driving comment. I am talking about once on the interstate roads, you can drive DAYS and see nothing but the same old desert or drought ravaged countryside, but yep there are some pretty bits around the coasts, obviously as they are the Tourist areas!.

Try heading 2 hours west of Brisbane and you will soon see what I mean, its like a dead planet. Or head south west to NSW, it is the most horrible thing I have seen, dead dead land, animals trees all dead, grey and barren as far as you can see for hours on end. I didnt mean the tourist bits but the real Australia they dont show in the books.
Fair comment - hope you have a great Christmas