Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off-Topic: Watch which Sydney folks!

Off-Topic: Watch which Sydney folks!

Old Aug 5th 2002, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

chana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off-Topic: Watch which Sydney folks!

Couple lands in 'other' Sydney

August 05, 2002

BRITONS Emma Nunn and boyfriend Raoul Sebastian set off from a London airport after saving for months for a dream holiday in Sydney, Australia. They ended up in Sydney, Canada, a sleepy one-horse town in Nova Scotia with a population of 26,000.

Instead of the Opera House they found a steelworks.

The couple, both 19, blame the website they used to book their flights, costing STG740 ($2160) each, for sending them to the right place in the wrong country.

"The customs men said it was an unusual route to Sydney but we thought we were going the long way because we'd booked the flights late," said Nunn.

The couple boarded an Air Canada flight at Heathrow and the truth only began to sink in six hours later when, changing flights at Halifax in Nova Scotia, they were asked to board a 25-seat plane.

"At Halifax the connecting plane to Sydney was extremely small and Raoul could see the propellers," said Nunn.

"I'm not the best flyer in the world and I said I really can't see a small plane like this going all the way to Australia.

"After we landed, the air stewardess said we looked like we didn't want to get off the plane."

The south London couple were trying to make the best of things.

"Obviously it's a big disappointment, but after it sank in we both said let's make the most of what we've got around us."
Old Aug 6th 2002, 12:21 pm
Thunder Ace

Default Re: Off-Topic: Watch which Sydney folks!

chana <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Couple lands in 'other' Sydney
    >
I saw this on the news last night and I nearly wet myself laughing. Bless 'em.

Thunder ace
    >
    >
    > --