Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off topic completely-recipe plea!

Wikiposts

Off topic completely-recipe plea!

Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Off topic completely-recipe plea!

I have boxes of books yet to be unpacked (2 years on!!). I've just been & bought parsnips to make a Rosemary Conley recipe curried parsnip soup - I think it's in the hip & thigh diet book. However, I can't find the darned book anywhere & after paying $6 for 3 parsnips am getting desperate. Please can anyone help?????????????????

Many thanks

Loopy - with a craving for parsnip soup
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic completely-recipe plea!

Originally Posted by Loopy
I have boxes of books yet to be unpacked (2 years on!!). I've just been & bought parsnips to make a Rosemary Conley recipe curried parsnip soup - I think it's in the hip & thigh diet book. However, I can't find the darned book anywhere & after paying $6 for 3 parsnips am getting desperate. Please can anyone help?????????????????

Many thanks

It's not Rosemary Conley's recipe, but I hope you like Jane Grigson...

Jane Grigson's Curried Parsnip Soup (6-8)

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:59 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

Lol!!!
Cant help with the recipe but have you tried looking it up on google? she does have her own website im sure

Donna.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh no, will have to resort to Sophie Grigson's recipe, leaving out the potato & cream & hope for the best (thank you Mrs JTL). I am googled out & can't find Ms Conley's recipe anywhere, on line or in recipe books here. Have however found hundreds of novels in boxes that I MUST read so that'll play havoc with the housework!

If anyone has got the Hip & thigh diet book festering on a shelf I would really appreciate the recipe so I can get quantities etc right.

Thank you

Loopy
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:19 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love parsnips and was quite worried that you may not be any in oz. You know you hear folk saying they're no good till they've had a frost on them. I just assumed I would never be able to have them once I left.

Oh my god tell me I'm not really as sad as I sound. Please :scared:
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Sorry. there is no hope, get yourself a life Parsnips have to be the most revolting veg of all time, well behind Beetroot anyway.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:07 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

after paying $6 for 3 parsnips am getting desperate.
That is a shocking price :scared: Are veg always that sort of price or just parsnips ?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shelley29
I love parsnips and was quite worried that you may not be any in oz. You know you hear folk saying they're no good till they've had a frost on them. I just assumed I would never be able to have them once I left.

You can get parsnips here BUT they do cost a bl##dy fortune !
However , you can't have a roast without roast parsnips so needs must !
All the best ,
Tass.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
That is a shocking price :scared: Are veg always that sort of price or just parsnips ?
I bought a few parsnips last weekend from the local fruit barn and they surely didn't cost much or else I wouldn't have bought them. Vegies are not expensive at all here (SE Qld) if you buy the seasonal produce.

On Coles' website, parsnips are $3.49/kg (GBP1.43/kg, 65p/lb). I pay less than that for sure. May be Loopy got organic parsnips?! May be prices are different in Perth?

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:51 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

Hmm if you want a grouse soup recipe (morrocan) that uses parsnips PM me. Uses a whack of olive oil though; so you have been forewarned
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Loopy

I still use Ask Jeeves for all my searches!

www.ask.co.uk (Usually find most things).

Try: http://web.ask.co.uk/web?q=parsnip+s...e=0&qsrc=0&o=0

Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:00 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

1 onion chopped
1 large potato, chopped
8oz (200g) parsnips, chopped
1 teaspoon curry paste
1 pint (500ml) vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
1floz (25ml) skimmed milk
1 teaspoon dried parsley

Place the onion, potato, parsnips, curry paste, stock and seasoning in a non-stick pan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
Liquidize. Return the mixture to the pan and add milk and parsley. Heat through gently and serve

You were right it is in the Hip and Thigh Diet book
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone, esp Vanessa & Mrs Swift. Am going to make it in the morning. It's yum!

My parsnips were 0.692kg & three cost me $5.52. That was from Coles - so different from their website! Parsnips always seem pricey here I'm afraid.

Anyway, if you like parsnips try this low fat soup, really easy to make and scrumptious!

Loopy
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:52 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Delia Smith's Parmesan Roasted Parsnips are also a must. They are gorgeous so if anyone wants the receipe for their roast tomorrow let me know.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone, esp Vanessa & Mrs Swift. Am going to make it in the morning. It's yum!

My parsnips were 0.692kg & three cost me $5.52. That was from Coles - so different from their website! Parsnips always seem pricey here I'm afraid.

Anyway, if you like parsnips try this low fat soup, really easy to make and scrumptious!

Loopy
Sorry, Loopy, you're right. The price at Coles online is $6.22/kg. Because I previously put in a post code which isn't in the delivery area, prices were for demo shopping only. I've just put in post code 3000 (Melbourne CBD) and checked prices again, these are real prices. Something new I've just learned...

Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.