Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off Road Camper Trailers

Off Road Camper Trailers

Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:41 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off Road Camper Trailers

This sort of thing:

Anyone used one or have one? They seemed quite popular on the campsites we visited in Perth and we fancy owning one to go exploring at weekends

Ray Mears....step aside and make way!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Feb 5th 2007 at 4:54 am.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:20 am
him
token local

him has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Off Road Camper Trailers

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
This sort of thing:

Anyone used one or have one? They seemed quite popular on the campsites we visited in Perth and we fancy owning one to go exploring at weekends

I have not used one personally but a mate's father has one and swears by it.

try these guys.

http://www.campertrailerhire.net.au/
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We used one last year for the first time and plan another 2 weeks away this April. We drove a total of 1500km with it and its dead easy to put up, much to the annoyance of our australian friends who were waiting for us at the campsite. They thought the poms reversing a trailer and putting up a tent for the first time would be the evenings entertainment, little did they know we had a practice run in the garden before we left
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:16 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

This sort of thing:

Too pricey for us. We're slumming it in a tent!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
We used one last year for the first time and plan another 2 weeks away this April. We drove a total of 1500km with it and its dead easy to put up, much to the annoyance of our australian friends who were waiting for us at the campsite. They thought the poms reversing a trailer and putting up a tent for the first time would be the evenings entertainment, little did they know we had a practice run in the garden before we left
Thanx NB.......we saw a few in Perth, watched one guy put his up.....took him 10 mins and it looked fab! Bit like a caravan, in that you have everything with you, like cooker etc.....and that you sleep off of the floor, but alot bloomin cheaper and easier to tow!

Definitely on our list of things to buy once we get sorted!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Stitch
Too pricey for us. We're slumming it in a tent!

Cheers

Ginny
Ya scrotes! How can you show your faces in public?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:52 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for that Michael from Wolf's Creek. Camping geeks, you deserve all you get!!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by busterboy
Watch out for that Michael from Wolf's Creek. Camping geeks, you deserve all you get!!
It's all about getting in touch with your Neanderthal self.................as if I need to go camping to do that!

Trouble with you bloomin' women is that you wont stay anywhere that doesnt allow you to blow dry your hair in 5 star luxury!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:34 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

oh my god, that looks fab, i would so love to use one of those.
I dont mind roughing it. we have a campervan and although it is quite comfy, the tare in our pop top and breaks in our window seals add to the game of camping!!

enjoy, I know I would.

bec
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:03 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

We're classy scum!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:23 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about getting in touch with your Neanderthal self.................as if I need to go camping to do that!

Trouble with you bloomin' women is that you wont stay anywhere that doesnt allow you to blow dry your hair in 5 star luxury!
Oi ya cheeky beggar .... I had a great set of dreads after our weekend camping trip !!! not even the luxury of a loo as we camped just off the beach at lancelin in the dunes so with two kids I got quite good at digging holes (there is an art to digging a sand loo ya know ).

It was fantastic though and can't wait to go again !!!

They are great for site camping but dunno if a trailer tent would be much good for off road camping unless you have a meaty 4x4 as the weight may bog it ?? A normal loaded trailer just about made it through where we were and he was driving a big landrover. If it had been us novices towing we would definately of got stuck.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Oi ya cheeky beggar .... I had a great set of dreads after our weekend camping trip !!! not even the luxury of a loo as we camped just off the beach at lancelin in the dunes so with two kids I got quite good at digging holes (there is an art to digging a sand loo ya know ).

It was fantastic though and can't wait to go again !!!

They are great for site camping but dunno if a trailer tent would be much good for off road camping unless you have a meaty 4x4 as the weight may bog it ?? A normal loaded trailer just about made it through where we were and he was driving a big landrover. If it had been us novices towing we would definately of got stuck.
I guess your family saloon or Falcodore 6 cyl will tow at least 1000kg which will be enough!? It will tow a horsebox - won't it? Falcodores weigh c. 1500kg. I'd only worry about the smaller 4cyl cars.

If the campsite is not too boggy then you'll get the trailer there.

Or am I wrong again?!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I guess your family saloon or Falcodore 6 cyl will tow at least 1000kg which will be enough!? It will tow a horsebox - won't it? Falcodores weigh c. 1500kg. I'd only worry about the smaller 4cyl cars.

Or am I wrong again?!
We drive a Mazda Tribute and ours performed admirably.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:33 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Or am I wrong again?!
No, I'm sure your right Just saying what I saw really.

I was talking more along the lines of going off-roading through sand dunes / beach camping incase they wanted to do a bit of both. What suits one may not suit the other therefore it may be more frugal to get a normal tent ?

Anyway I am no expert by any means ... so I will shut up now
Old Feb 6th 2007, 2:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by sel
No, I'm sure your right Just saying what I saw really.

I was talking more along the lines of going off-roading through sand dunes / beach camping incase they wanted to do a bit of both. What suits one may not suit the other therefore it may be more frugal to get a normal tent ?

Anyway I am no expert by any means ... so I will shut up now
I agree I most definately wouldn't take one on sand dunes even with a gutsy 4x4. Getting a 4x4 over some dunes is difficult enough without worrying about a trailer tent too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.