Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off hired real estate agent

Off hired real estate agent

Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice
Default Off hired real estate agent

I have off hired the real estate agent but still need to sell house, have now reduced sale price and is now a giveaway, its the best house around on just under an acre block and only 7 minutes to beach.

We are now selling it ourselves privately but I am not sure if this puts the general Australians off, preferring to deal direct with agents, your views on this would be appreciated.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off hired real estate agent

Originally Posted by Renie
I have off hired the real estate agent but still need to sell house, have now reduced sale price and is now a giveaway, its the best house around on just under an acre block and only 7 minutes to beach.

We are now selling it ourselves privately but I am not sure if this puts the general Australians off, preferring to deal direct with agents, your views on this would be appreciated.

I despise dealing with estate agents here. They really are the lowest form of life I have ever encountered. They just lie for a living, and trying to get a straight answer out of them is nigh on impossible.

How do you know if they are lying to you? Easy - they are breathing.

It is the one thing that really puts me off of looking for a house here - the fact that I have to spend my Saturday mornings associating with them.

S
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:30 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I sacked an agent last year, December 2007.

They were aghast at the very cheek of me formally sacking them.
We also possibly in the process of suing one agent for misleading and deceptive sales tactics.

However, I have come across many agents, who are exceptional, and do what it says on the tin.

Ste
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:35 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Off hired real estate agent

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I have come across many agents, who are exceptional, and do what it says on the tin.
Oink oink flap flap

Buzzy
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:22 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Oink oink flap flap

Buzzy

All pigs fueled and ready to fly?

You should come down to Sydney one Saturday morning TFAU - Then you can see some real slimy pieces of work that don't even have descriptions on the tin!

S
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:07 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
All pigs fueled and ready to fly?

You should come down to Sydney one Saturday morning TFAU - Then you can see some real slimy pieces of work that don't even have descriptions on the tin!

S
*One* of the reasons that we abandoned trying to buy in the Norhern Beaches. A glutinous lot almost without exception.