Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off to the "Green and Pleasant"

Off to the "Green and Pleasant"

Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:32 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off to the "Green and Pleasant"

Well, it's finally come around. Our first trip back to the UK in nearly 2 years.

We're about to spend most of the next 24 hours in an aluminium tube at 35,000 feet. I'll be glad to finally arrive.

Speak to you all later.
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Off to the "Green and Pleasant"

Originally Posted by renth
Well, it's finally come around. Our first trip back to the UK in nearly 2 years.

We're about to spend most of the next 24 hours in an aluminium tube at 35,000 feet. I'll be glad to finally arrive.

Speak to you all later.

Have a good trip Renth - don't forget to pack your woolies!!!
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:34 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darkless
Have a good trip Renth - don't forget to pack your woolies!!!
I'm taking a fleece and my suede shoes have three layers of scotchguard. Will this be enough?
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

I'm taking a fleece and my suede shoes have three layers of scotchguard. Will this be enough?

I wouldn't bet on it!!!
Old Dec 19th 2004, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just got a whole heap colder in the last few days, so I'd pack more than a fleece if I were you!

Enjoy your time in this cold and pleasant land. Personally I love this time of year, but I'm all too aware that I'm in a distinct minority on this one!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
It's just got a whole heap colder in the last few days, so I'd pack more than a fleece if I were you!

Enjoy your time in this cold and pleasant land. Personally I love this time of year, but I'm all too aware that I'm in a distinct minority on this one!
Dont bet on it tony. One set of temps on TV this morning for Xmas day, Perth 32, Bris 32, Sydney 42!, Adelaide, 38, Darwin, 36 should be nice given their humidity Melbourne 35. Thats fairly mild tho last Xmas we were recording 41 in the shade.

Cool and pleasant land sounds very appealing wish dearly it was me, especially after the carols by candlelight service last night which turned out to be carols by fluro glowstick and the nativity had a witch and 30 11 year olds in leotards and lipstick.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 12:15 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Dont bet on it tony. One set of temps on TV this morning for Xmas day, Perth 32, Bris 32, Sydney 42!, Adelaide, 38, Darwin, 36 should be nice given their humidity Melbourne 35. Thats fairly mild tho last Xmas we were recording 41 in the shade.

Cool and pleasant land sounds very appealing wish dearly it was me, especially after the carols by candlelight service last night which turned out to be carols by fluro glowstick and the nativity had a witch and 30 11 year olds in leotards and lipstick.
LOL, that's hot! I remember my first visit to Aus arriving in October to Cairns in temps in the upper 30s! I came down with a heavy cold with the humidity straight away! Still exciting to be there mind. I'll be arriving in Melb'n in January, though in the late evening. I imagine it will be pretty hot the next day mind!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:03 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

renth....have a good trip. my aunt just went back and was advised to wrap up as minus 5 degrees were forecast + snow!

tony...dont you ever sleep??? ..2 am your time now!!!! and still online!..go to bed ... ..santa wont be good to you if youre naughty!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yvsie
renth....have a good trip. my aunt just went back and was advised to wrap up as minus 5 degrees were forecast + snow!

tony...dont you ever sleep??? ..2 am your time now!!!! and still online!..go to bed ... ..santa wont be good to you if youre naughty!
LOL, I've been doing nights and I'm still adjusting! Plus I've been wishing Cas a Happy Birthday.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:20 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

oh well i will let you off then!...hope she had a good one (take that how you will )
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yvsie
oh well i will let you off then!...hope she had a good one (take that how you will )
She hasn't had it yet, I've only just put the thread up!
Old Dec 21st 2004, 11:22 am
(It's not my real name)

I've arrived!

Boy, it's a long journey isn't it? we managed to fly over some nice places - Kabul & Chechnya to name but two.

My brother met me at the airport and guess who we saw as we were driving out of the car park? Bernie Eccleston in his Lexus. His 6 foot leggy bimbo wife wasn't with him.

Well, it's cold, but it is nice to be here. I arrived a few hours ago and I'm going to pop in to town and have a look around. I hope my cashpoint card still works, it should do and if it does I'm going to celebrate with my first pint of real ale in 2 years.

Finally I reckon Singapore Airlines is like 2 different airlines. The flight from Perth was great. The plane modern, the food tasty, friendly crew an lots of drinks.

The flight from Singapore was totally different, the 747's are showing their age, quite a few seats didn't have working seatback screens, including my wife's. The food was the same menu I had 2 years ago, pretty average. You should have heard the thing shudder and shake as it took off, scared the crap out of half the plane.

So my revised recommendation, for Perth, Emirates every time.

Later from a chilly UK
Old Dec 21st 2004, 11:32 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

I've arrived!

Boy, it's a long journey isn't it? we managed to fly over some nice places - Kabul & Chechnya to name but two.

My brother met me at the airport and guess who we saw as we were driving out of the car park? Bernie Eccleston in his Lexus. His 6 foot leggy bimbo wife wasn't with him.

Well, it's cold, but it is nice to be here. I arrived a few hours ago and I'm going to pop in to town and have a look around. I hope my cashpoint card still works, it should do and if it does I'm going to celebrate with my first pint of real ale in 2 years.

Finally I reckon Singapore Airlines is like 2 different airlines. The flight from Perth was great. The plane modern, the food tasty, friendly crew an lots of drinks.

The flight from Singapore was totally different, the 747's are showing their age, quite a few seats didn't have working seatback screens, including my wife's. The food was the same menu I had 2 years ago, pretty average. You should have heard the thing shudder and shake as it took off, scared the crap out of half the plane.

So my revised recommendation, for Perth, Emirates every time.

Later from a chilly UK
Safe flight Renth
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:14 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Safe flight Renth
Bit late m8, he's just got there

Renth; bring us some snow back

Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Bit late m8, he's just got there

Renth; bring us some snow back
That'll teach me not to read a posting

Damn Christmas spirit ... well, safe flight whenever you take one next Renth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.