Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Off to the Embassy!

Off to the Embassy!

Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:49 am
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off to the Embassy!

We're off to the Australian Embassy tomorrow to get our visas,I know they say that you should do it by post but we're going to be in London anyway so we'll give it a go.
Has anyone been turned away or maybe asked to leave passports with them?
I'll post back tomorrow and let you know how we got on.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Did you go? Was it alright? How long did you wait? Hopefully i'll be going next week!!!!

Let us know how it went.
Mandy
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the embassy visa section still shutting at 12:30pm?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:36 am
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
We got there yesterday at about 9.15 and there were already quite a few people waiting,got our ticket and waited about 45mins.We were then summoned to our window asked to hand over passports and letter from Adelaide they were read and then the magic golden ticket was inserted in them.(actually it's not that flash just a big sticker but I thought I'd jazz it up a bit).
Passports were handed back and we were told to "have a good trip".
Now I'd hardly call emigrating to the other side of the world a trip and I'd have thought he'd offer some words of encouragment or congratulate us on attaining the visa we'd waited about 18 months for,but I suppose what was a major event for us was just another part of his mundane working day.Mind you I never saw Jimmy Saville get bored with making dreams come true.
Still we have them now and we've booked our tickets,we're going and finally all the waitings paid off.
PS yes they still shut at 12.30, probably to spend the rest of the day letting out all that pent up excitement they've supressed throughout the morning.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like not much has changed since I went last march. I wonder what they do behind those shutters after closing.