Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OECD rates Australians as the happiest people in the world

OECD rates Australians as the happiest people in the world

Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default OECD rates Australians as the happiest people in the world

I'm sure this post will get BE's resident Australia haters arced up but there you go.

Happy, happy, happy:

http://www.news.com.au/national/oecd...-1226083256292
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OECD rates Australians as the happiest people in the world

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm sure this post will get BE's resident Australia haters arced up but there you go.

Happy, happy, happy:

stupid people often are happy
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
stupid people often are happy
As I was saying.....

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first contestant!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Happy, happy, happy:

Ignorance is bliss.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

As I was saying.....

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first contestant!
Why do you label me as a 'hater'?

Being critical of somewhere does not equate to hating it
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Ignorance is bliss.
Indeed....and there are alot of ignorant australians
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:40 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Australians the happiest people?

f*&k thats depressing.... If this is a cheerful as life gets then humanity as a species must be truly miserable.

I was clinging on to the idea that someone somewhere must have a happy reasonable life - but it seems that [if this article is to be believed] nowhere in the world is any better than Australia for contentedness.....

Alternatively of course, the article is a load of bollocks and has no more validity than a similar study that recently suggested the Danish were the happiest in the world.....
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:25 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I love these surveys, they all seem to come to a different conclusion. Next week Finland will be the happiest and Beijing will be the worlds most liveable city.
Judging by the comments after the story most real people seem to agree but whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.
Just as an aside with all this unbridled happiness why is our suicide rate so high and why are we experiencing a depression epidemic ?
Apparently according to some other bunch these are the Top 5 happiest countries. 1. Nigeria 2. Mexico 3. Venezuela 4. El Salvador 5. Puerto Rico. Another has Denmark at the Top and in fact most seem to make it Denmark.

Last edited by chris955; Jun 28th 2011 at 3:39 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:23 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chris955
I love these surveys, they all seem to come to a different conclusion. Next week Finland will be the happiest and Beijing will be the worlds most liveable city.
Judging by the comments after the story most real people seem to agree but whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.
Just as an aside with all this unbridled happiness why is our suicide rate so high and why are we experiencing a depression epidemic ?
Apparently according to some other bunch these are the Top 5 happiest countries. 1. Nigeria 2. Mexico 3. Venezuela 4. El Salvador 5. Puerto Rico. Another has Denmark at the Top and in fact most seem to make it Denmark.
Where are greece , i thought they were happy as pig in shi#
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:31 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

What does the Oxford English Dictionary know about happiness?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Australians the happiest people?

f*&k thats depressing.... If this is a cheerful as life gets then humanity as a species must be truly miserable.
Funnily enough that was exactly what I thought too.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:53 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

It must be that health insurance ad. I wanna kill those f@&$.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
It must be that health insurance ad. I wanna kill those f@&$.
They are happy cause they all have a funeral plan
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

No point in bickering.

No point in being critical if a person has a less than optimal life...It doesn't prove anything other than draw attention to your own life..

Ask people who are content with their lot - that is all that matters..

Try comparing apples with apples - who is happier ignorant Australians or ignorant Brits ...dare to ask...he he
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a news report..........it's a honey pot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.