Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ocenia Emigration Ltd

Ocenia Emigration Ltd

Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

ambergold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ocenia Emigration Ltd

Has anyone out there heard of Ocenia Emigration?? I found the details on the MARA website. They are based in Rochdale (not too far from us) and the contact details are for a guy called Edward Ashley Selwyn McEwen. Has anyone heard of the company or had any dealings with them/him. We are new to this and would appreciate any comments about this company.

Amber
Old Jun 29th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ocenia Emigration Ltd

Originally posted by ambergold
Has anyone out there heard of Ocenia Emigration?? I found the details on the MARA website. They are based in Rochdale (not too far from us) and the contact details are for a guy called Edward Ashley Selwyn McEwen. Has anyone heard of the company or had any dealings with them/him. We are new to this and would appreciate any comments about this company.

Amber
Hi Amber
No, I'm afraid I've not heard of them.

However if you search the forum for Migration Agents you will see many postings regarding the agents that are used regularly.

I would say if you are considering using an agent it's best to get one that would be favourably looked upon by the members on here.

By the way you're very welcome to the "club". I'm fairly new myself and find the forums useful and everyone is friendly so ask any questions you like......someone should be able to help.

Best Wishes

Last edited by Stewie; Jun 29th 2004 at 7:08 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:17 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Amber,

The chap in question is recently registered as a migration agent - the first two digits in the MARA Number indicate the year in which the agent was registered. This isn't to say that the agent doesn't have experience in migration law, as many agents have worked at the Department of Immigration before being registered.

I would therefore be asking about the experience the agent concerned has had in handling a migration caseload.

Good luck.

Amber
Old Jun 30th 2004, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

ambergold is an unknown quantity at this point

Amber

Last edited by ambergold; Jun 30th 2004 at 9:16 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 9:22 pm
BJT
Just Joined

BJT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Amber

I have not heard of Ocenia Emigration however the name McEwen is familiar. Not sure why but I remember the name and it has only been since we began the process of emigrating. Maybe someone on here will know who he is and let you know.
If as Alan Collett says he is a recently registered agent has he got the experience to help you? Go back to the MARA website and look for other agents who are within easy reach for you, there are some companies who have offices in varies towns around the UK.

Bren