Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ocean Reef Marina

Ocean Reef Marina

Old May 6th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all
Default Re: Ocean Reef Marina

I find it quite ironic people slagging off Hillarys, Obviously a hell of a lot of people like it as it wouldn´t be so busy there. I bet 90 %+ of the people that slag the place off take their visiting families there, and will go back there again.
It seems to me that once you live here, if you like Hillarys Certain POMS immediately class you as a Sun/Mirror reader. I find nothing wrong with this,
God forbid anyone who has a tattoo and enjoy a beer
Old May 6th 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
personally I don't like the new Breakwater. Too modern and $19.50 for a glass of white wine and a pint of James Squire was way too pricey for me.
Here, bloody here.

The in laws were over from the UK a few weeks ago. Fought one of them to the first round and thank God I lost! 2 1/2 pints of Hoegarden and a small pineapple juice.

$41.50!

Never again you thieving, rancid Italian scum.
Old May 6th 2009, 3:15 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
I find it quite ironic people slagging off Hillarys, Obviously a hell of a lot of people like it as it wouldn´t be so busy there. I bet 90 %+ of the people that slag the place off take their visiting families there, and will go back there again.
It seems to me that once you live here, if you like Hillarys Certain POMS immediately class you as a Sun/Mirror reader. I find nothing wrong with this,
God forbid anyone who has a tattoo and enjoy a beer
I slag it off and I've only been there twice - the last time was over 18 months ago. If I never go back I'll be happy.

I'm not a pom.
Old May 6th 2009, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

Gotta be better than Blackpool huh ? ..lol
Old May 7th 2009, 12:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Check this out:

http://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/BUcou...1agn050509.pdf

It looks great. There will be a new northern entrance which is even closer to my place.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Check this out:

It looks great. There will be a new northern entrance which is even closer to my place.
Looks good.

I see Worley Parsons are involved - I'll design the f**ker for you.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Looks good.

I see Worley Parsons are involved - I'll design the f**ker for you.
Can I have a (free) private boat pen just for me?
Old May 7th 2009, 12:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Can I have a (free) private boat pen just for me?
You can have 2.
Old May 7th 2009, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as it's not as bad as Mindarie Keys. We went up there a week ago with a friend who was on holiday from the UK. Only the staff MIGHT have been Australian - every single accent you could hear was English and at 4:00pm on a Sunday it was full of pissed blokes swearing at the top of their voices.

Before we went I said it's a s***hole but we still had to go of course - guess what when we came back my wife and friend agreed with me. Our friend said "it's not very Australian is it ? - it's like being back in Manchester only with more sun".

Hillary's isn't my favourite [at least with the Breakwater they are trying to take it upmarket] but it's better than Mindarie Keys.
Old May 7th 2009, 1:33 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Only the staff MIGHT have been Australian - every single accent you could hear was English and at 4:00pm on a Sunday it was full of pissed blokes swearing at the top of their voices.
Sounds like hell. Many football shirts?
Old May 7th 2009, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like hell. Many football shirts?
A fair sprinkling of course. In the end we sat outside Dome for something to drink - the ground outside was f****** filthy as the staff couldn't be arsed to clean up and there was an endless precession of pissed blokes walking past through the middle of the seating area, smoking like chimneys and swearing like navvies - just the atmosphere I want my 7 year-old in.

Don't get me started on the Boat - packed out and dog-rough. The last time I was in there 4 english blokes were standing at the bar drunk as anything and swearing at the top of the voices. Not one member of the bar staff did anything nor did the bouncers - I sure as hell didn't because I didn't want glassed. And this is a place full of families eating.

Hell has a face and I've seen it.
Old May 7th 2009, 8:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Check this out:

I had a look at that this morning and was seriously impressed. As you know, I am a member of ORSSC and regularly use the boat ramps for launching. I was fearing another Hillarys but they are looking after the boaties really well. Besides a new club building / grounds and extra boat ramps there will be temporary moorings for day trippers and even an artificial reef to go diving on. I just hope I can still afford the club membership fees when it is complete.
Old May 7th 2009, 8:27 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Believe it when you see it... this is one on the East Coast that has been years in the planning and was already underway.. not anymore it isn't. Companies involved are now potless and it may never be completed.

http://www.shellharbour.nsw.gov.au/d...px?WebPage=564
Old May 7th 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
As long as it's not as bad as Mindarie Keys. We went up there a week ago with a friend who was on holiday from the UK. Only the staff MIGHT have been Australian - every single accent you could hear was English and at 4:00pm on a Sunday it was full of pissed blokes swearing at the top of their voices.

Before we went I said it's a s***hole but we still had to go of course - guess what when we came back my wife and friend agreed with me. Our friend said "it's not very Australian is it ? - it's like being back in Manchester only with more sun".

Hillary's isn't my favourite [at least with the Breakwater they are trying to take it upmarket] but it's better than Mindarie Keys.
I'm glad it's not just me, I feel exactly the same as you Hoofie2002. I'll take Hillarys over Mindarie any day of the week. I prefer the tourists to swearing/drunk locals.
Old May 7th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I slag it off and I've only been there twice - the last time was over 18 months ago. If I never go back I'll be happy.

I'm not a pom.
I know your not a Pom but you married one

Here is your reply to your visit there in Jan 2008 so there is something that drags you back to Hillarys within the last 18 months, Maybe not as bad as you like to make out to be eh!
And i bet you will go back but won´t tell anyone though

Only visiting dude, only visiting. We were in, spent 90mins there and out! Did not hang around. There were plenty of poms there as well, with the football shirts, crap tattoos etc.
It's a very good aquarium. My son loved it. Well worth a visit - even if it is a bit expensive.

Last edited by Dennis The Menace; May 7th 2009 at 3:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.