Ocean Grove

Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:54 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ocean Grove

Does anyone commute from Ocean Grove to CBD? Either using train from Geelong or driving up the Princes Highway?

Although we loved Mornington, I just can't get Ocean Grove out of my head. I adored it. The only thing that put us off was the commute into Melbourne. Someone put me out of my misery and tell me that driving on the M1 everyday is a breeze (or you could tell me the truth and crush my dreams . Mr DD's uncle (70-something years old) did say that the drive was awful in rush hour but MrDD is used to travelling 50 mins to work every day (and used to use the M25 at a snails pace daily). People's perspective on how awful rush hour is can vary widely.

Any feedback will be most gratefully appreciated.

D D
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:07 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ocean Grove

Agreed Ocean Grove is lovely ... but ... the commute to the CBD would be a challenge. Ocean Grove to Geelong would probably be about 20 to 30 minutes and then another hour to 90 minutes into the CBD by road (an hour by train into Spencer Street).

Not ideal, but I know people who do that sort of journey each day.

Best regards.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Wasn't there talk of some kind of Express train between Geelong & the city?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Wasn't there talk of some kind of Express train between Geelong & the city?

its probably as close to being done as the Fast train from Bendigo to Melbourne...