Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Occupations in Demand List & STNI

Occupations in Demand List & STNI

Old Feb 25th 2004, 2:17 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Occupations in Demand List & STNI

Hi to all - my first posting on this great website.

I've just sent off my application to TRA as a hairdresser and fingers crossed everything will come back OK.

One or two questions if anyone can assist. If the TRA comes back approved:

1) I was under the impression that 'HAIRDRESSER' being on the 'Occupations In Demand' list would be processed quicker, is this still the case ? any other Hairdresser recently got a full Permanant Visa that can verify if they were processed quicker or how long did it take ?

2) We are desperate to get to Oz, would it be quicker (once TRA approved) to go down the State Sponsored (Melbourne - Victoria) route ?

Sitting waiting here is a real pain in the bum, wish I was there right now hence wanting to know the quickest available option to get there.

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated.

Old Feb 25th 2004, 2:34 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Dont think occ in demand gets you there faster just more points (unless a nurse then is fast)but the STNI's seem to be flying through lately

check out (for times)

http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp
Old Feb 25th 2004, 2:52 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Sitting waiting here is a real pain in the bum,
Now theres a phrase coming from a Hairdresser!!!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:36 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

OK...this means that although HAIRDRESSER is on the Occupations In Demand List it does not get processed quicker.

Basically the MODL is only to get extra points, not to get a swift passage through the visa process ?

Oh well, back to square one and sit and wait for another year.

Any thoughts on the STNI ??? roughtly what is the waiting period for this visa for Victoria ? Do you need to have a successful TRA application before applying for STNI or can you give your details and the State (Victoria) do the TRA and Visa application for you ? Perhaps this is a quicker solution for us ?

Let me know what you think...cheers.