Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Obtaining unfurnished rentals

Obtaining unfurnished rentals

Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

sandra oldfield is on a distinguished road
Question Obtaining unfurnished rentals

I am finding it really difficult to obtain a 4 x 2 or even a 3 x 2 unfurnished rental in the northern suburbs of Perth. Must have a pool for the boys.
Have registered with www.reiwa.com.

If anyone else can give us a hand then all will be greatly appreciated.

We did find one in Greenwood. Mate viewed it. We had statements from Halifax going back 10 years showing all our monthly payments. We had bank and building societ statements showing capital We even had up to date police checks showing good characters, but still the agent wouldnt arrange the rental `via the net` even though we had a`rep` in perth.
We fly next week, have an unfurnished for 2 weeks then we are out on our ear!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining unfurnished rentals

Originally Posted by sandra oldfield
I am finding it really difficult to obtain a 4 x 2 or even a 3 x 2 unfurnished rental in the northern suburbs of Perth. Must have a pool for the boys.

We did find one in Greenwood. Mate viewed it. We had statements from Halifax going back 10 years showing all our monthly payments. We had bank and building societ statements showing capital We even had up to date police checks showing good characters, but still the agent wouldnt arrange the rental `via the net` even though we had a`rep` in perth.
We fly next week, have an unfurnished for 2 weeks then we are out on our ear!!!!
I think it'll be easier once you're here.

You should have no problem with 2 weeks!!
Though, of course, I don't have experience with ones with 2 baths and pool.
Hmmm, yeah, pool might be difficult... maybe.

Arghh, I'm not helping, sorry!

Had you also discovered www.perthproperty.com.au (I think)
Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We are moving to Brisbane and we fly on Saturday. We like you had someone over there that could view a property.

The agent advertising the property has been more than happy to deal with everything using e-mail and showed our friend around with no problems at all.

Seems like that agent is a bit of a git
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sandra oldfield

try www.realestate.com.au for rentals, we used www.satterley.com.au, who let us rent with no references, just a copy of current statement showing sufficient funds, they were very helpful......it is difficult to find one with pool but you may be lucky
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

sandra oldfield is on a distinguished road

hi,
thanks for all your replies...teresa I emailed the Sattersley agents. Gits didnt even bother getting back to me!!!!!!!!!!