Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

obtaining school qualifications for our application

obtaining school qualifications for our application

Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:21 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Cool obtaining school qualifications for our application

We have been accepted for state sponsorship by Canberra and are doing the paperwork for dimia.We need to send proof of our English language (we are English so not sure why they need proof??)Trouble is our agent has asked us to provide copies of our school English qualifications,The wife thinks she has hers but i have no idea about mine as it was 16 years ago and im not 100% i even turned up for my English Gcse exam so if anybody can advise it would be great.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: obtaining school qualifications for our application

If you are English (ie born in England) then they shouldn't need proof of your ability to speak English!!

Are you sure this is correct?
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:36 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
If you are English (ie born in England) then they shouldn't need proof of your ability to speak English!!

Every adult is supposed to provide proof of their english language ability - regardless of whether you were born in the uk.

To the op - Do you have any other certificates etc as it shouldn't matter what you use as long as the qualification was conducted in english (i am using my degree certificate as i can't find my gcse certificates)

Tiggs
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:38 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

THIS is part of the letter asking for paperwork for dimia.I have removed our names and replaced with an x

Photographs. You must provide four (4) passport photographs of each applicant, with their names written on the back.

q Evidence of Work Experience. Evidence of all Mr X current work experience. As DIMA require update references, we will require an updated reference letter from X confirming that you are still employed there. Please find attached for your information DIMA’s requirements for employment references. For DIMIA purposes, we only need to evidence your work experience for 3 of the last 4 years.

q Curriculum Vitae. A statement of your work and educational history.

q Proof of English language for Mrs X. You may provide a certified copy of your Secondary School certificate or any higher qualifications.

q Birth Certificates. Full International Birth Certificates, showing both parents’ names for each individual included in the application. We hold a certified copy of Mr X birth certificate.

q Evidence of Marriage. A certified copy of your Marriage Certificate.

q Divorce Certificate. A certified copy, if applicable.

q Passports. Certified copies of Passport information pages and all travel details for visits to Australia, including visas, for each person included in the application. We hold a certified copy of Mr X passport.

q Completed Application for General Skilled Migration to Australia Form 47SK and Form 80.

q Fees. A fee of AU$1,990 is payable to the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs, by bank cheque, postal order, or by credit card (by completing Part Q Question 111 of Form 47SK).

Once we receive the documents and information requested from you, we will finalize your DIMA application and forward the same to a Registered Migration Agent, for final review before lodging with DIMA.

Please find enclosed for your consideration the cover letter to be lodged with your DIMA application. Please feel free to make any amendments as necessary and confirm that you authorize us to use this letter with your application.

Conclusion

We look forward to receiving the above documents in order to complete your DIMA application.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Hey - good choice Canberra!

As op said - any exam board has details of qualifications taken even if not english language qualification. Get in touch with education department in area you went to school and they will give you the details of exam board to contact.
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Really??
I didn't nor did any of my family. Nor did anyone I know who has a visa.

New rules maybe?

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Every adult is supposed to provide proof of their english language ability - regardless of whether you were born in the uk.

To the op - Do you have any other certificates etc as it shouldn't matter what you use as long as the qualification was conducted in english (i am using my degree certificate as i can't find my gcse certificates)

Tiggs
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
We have been accepted for state sponsorship by Canberra and are doing the paperwork for dimia.We need to send proof of our English language (we are English so not sure why they need proof??)Trouble is our agent has asked us to provide copies of our school English qualifications,The wife thinks she has hers but i have no idea about mine as it was 16 years ago and im not 100% i even turned up for my English Gcse exam so if anybody can advise it would be great.
Try writing to your old school, they should be able to confirmation of your attendance, if they can't provide the copies of your qualifications, approach your education authority at that time. They keep copies of results. Hope this works!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:49 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Really??
I didn't nor did any of my family. Nor did anyone I know who has a visa.

New rules maybe?
No idea if it is new rules - just know that we have to (paperwork being put together as we speak!)
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:49 pm
jon&a mp;kate

Originally Posted by baglady
Try writing to your old school, they should be able to confirmation of your attendance, if they can't provide the copies of your qualifications, approach your education authority at that time. They keep copies of results. Hope this works!
Trouble is as i was working at the time of my gcse exams i sort of mist a couple of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So if i did not turn up for my English exam will this be a problem ???I have as a more responsible adult undertaken various courses through the national open college network which you gain credits from a college maybe these would be ok?????????Basicly i was the union rep and i had to undertake a number of courses.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:54 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Trouble is as i was working at the time of my gcse exams i sort of mist a couple of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So if i did not turn up for my English exam will this be a problem ???I have as a more responsible adult undertaken various courses through the national open college network which you gain credits from a college maybe these would be ok?????????Basicly i was the union rep and i had to undertake a number of courses.
Exam board info and replacement certificate info here
of course this doesn't help if you didn't take the exam!!

Tiggs
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:00 pm
jon&a mp;kate

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Exam board info and replacement certificate info here
of course this doesn't help if you didn't take the exam!!

Tiggs
Just sent our agent in NZ an e-mail and she said my course crtificates will be fine.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I just contacted my old schools who wrote a letter confirming dates I was there.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:59 pm
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to have an English GCSE to be an English speaker do you? I would have thought that evidence that you were educated in England, added to the fact that you are English should be enough? Your Agent should know. I'd gather all the certificates you can.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to get proof of my results, not for the visa but for uni - I contacted OCR on 01223 552552 or www.ocr.org.uk

They need your details and dates you attended and I think the fee was about £10.00

Hope that helps

Good Luck

SC xxx
Old Dec 6th 2006, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

You don't have to have proof, I have no proof that I am proficient in English, I didn't pass any exams or anything like that. It was enough to say that I attended a UK school from when I was 5 through to when I was 16.

Someone is putting a lot of work into something that doesn't need doing. However they think they need to do it so good luck to them. (I reckon their agent is either crap or maybe they weren't born and bred in England)

Who knows?

Originally Posted by baglady
You don't have to have an English GCSE to be an English speaker do you? I would have thought that evidence that you were educated in England, added to the fact that you are English should be enough? Your Agent should know. I'd gather all the certificates you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.