Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Obtaining a morgage for new PR

Obtaining a morgage for new PR

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Default Obtaining a morgage for new PR

Hi, Just wondering from experiances how long does it take to get a morgage from when you start full time employment I have a "nice" deposit, what else do they base their decision on?
Also what would the repayments be for around $160,000?

Thanks all
Chris96.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining a morgage for new PR

Originally Posted by chris96
Hi, Just wondering from experiances how long does it take to get a morgage from when you start full time employment I have a "nice" deposit, what else do they base their decision on?

Thanks all
Chris96.

Hi, I've just had a visit from a mortgage broker, he was really helpful. Here's their website http://www.mortgagechoice.com.au/

They are worth talking to and someone will visit you at home and go through everything with you.

One of the application fee's I've got ask for 3 months of wage slips.

Hope that helps
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris96

Thanks all
Chris96.
OH got a mortgage more or less straight away. He'd only been in the country for about five weeks. He just had to show a copy of his employment contract and having a deposit he got a mortgage no bother. I think the lenders look at how much you want to borrow offset by the amount of deposit.

Mx
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Got a smallish one the 2nd day here, if your going to be living near Brisbane I'll give you the contact details. She emailed me an idea of cost prior to getting here.

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I picked up my employment contract and walked in my Commonwealth branch and they agreed my requested mortgage in writing of just under 4 times my salary (with about the same in deposit and OH not employed) the next day.