Reload this Page >

Obtaining discounts on mortgages using Mortgage Brokers

Obtaining discounts on mortgages using Mortgage Brokers

Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining discounts on mortgages using Mortgage Brokers

Hi all

We're just about to sign up for a mortgage but were wondering if any of you have managed to get a discount on your mortgage rate when getting a mortgage through a broker (or even managed to get any fees waived).

Thanks
Dave
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining discounts on mortgages using Mortgage Brokers

Originally Posted by windsordave
Hi all

We're just about to sign up for a mortgage but were wondering if any of you have managed to get a discount on your mortgage rate when getting a mortgage through a broker (or even managed to get any fees waived).

Thanks
Dave
Any discount or fee waiver is up to the mortgage company providing the loan, not the broker - all he gets is his fee from the deal. However, at least a broker will know what deals are out there.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Thanks
Dave

You should be charged a broker fee we have used a broker to secure 5 home loans this year and not paid a fee once, the loan company paid them

Martin
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Hi all

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

A good mortgage broker should be able to get the best deal for you. Remember that the rate is not the only thing to compare between products... setup fees, admin fees, exit fees, frequency, offset capability etc all effect the cost of your mortgage. For example, one product mat have a 0.25% higher rate but have no setup fees, admin fees etc and will be overall cheaper.

Also, ensure that your broker is offering the best product for you, and not the product that offers them the best comission. I know I fell into this trap when I first arrived... hence why I decided to become one myself so I could help my fellow expats avoid the same mistakes

Good luck,
Mark.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tabby
You should be charged a broker fee we have used a broker to secure 5 home loans this year and not paid a fee once, the loan company paid them

Martin
You should NEVER pay a fee to a mortgage broker!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by longreach
You should NEVER pay a fee to a mortgage broker!

Ooooopppppsssss typo