Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OBGYN recommendation CVS for Sydney

OBGYN recommendation CVS for Sydney

Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of
Default OBGYN recommendation CVS for Sydney

Hello

This is quite a specific pregnancy question, so if you haven't had a kid then you probably won't have any idea what I'm on about.

I'm heading to Sydney on Jan 15th for a few months while husband manages a Australian project for his employer. I'm thrilled since I've visited a few times but now will get to experience Aus while husband slaves away at work.

Anyway, the reason that I am posting is that I've just found out that I'm pregnant. I'll get an 8 weeks scan over here (in California) but due to previous genetic pregnancy issues, I need to have a CVS procedure done. The timing of CVS is limited and falls right when I'll be in Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go to for this procedure? Any idea on how much it might cost me? I am assuming that I'll be considered a foreigner (well, I guess as a Brit, I am a foreigner) so have to pay privately. It's not all about the cash though, with the risk of this operation, it's more about the experience of the surgeon so I'm looking for a doctor who's done many of these procedures.

I have already emailed two surgeries that I found online but neither have responded. Was wondering here if anyone here could help. I'd go anywhere in Sydney (or suburbs) but don't particularly want to fly all the way back to the US for this.

Advice appreciated.

Last edited by jackattack; Jan 1st 2010 at 5:16 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

flg03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OBGYN recommendation CVS for Sydney

Originally Posted by jackattack
Hello

This is quite a specific pregnancy question, so if you haven't had a kid then you probably won't have any idea what I'm on about.

I'm heading to Sydney on Jan 15th for a few months while husband manages a Australian project for his employer. I'm thrilled since I've visited a few times but now will get to experience Aus while husband slaves away at work.

Anyway, the reason that I am posting is that I've just found out that I'm pregnant. I'll get an 8 weeks scan over here (in California) but due to previous genetic pregnancy issues, I need to have a CVS procedure done. The timing of CVS is limited and falls right when I'll be in Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go to for this procedure? Any idea on how much it might cost me? I am assuming that I'll be considered a foreigner (well, I guess as a Brit, I am a foreigner) so have to pay privately. It's not all about the cash though, with the risk of this operation, it's more about the experience of the surgeon so I'm looking for a doctor who's done many of these procedures.

I have already emailed two surgeries that I found online but neither have responded. Was wondering here if anyone here could help. I'd go anywhere in Sydney (or suburbs) but don't particularly want to fly all the way back to the US for this.

Advice appreciated.
You could try going to any general practitioner when you get here for a referral. Someone else might have a better idea.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Hello

Advice appreciated.
Sydney Ultrasound for Women do this procedure I think. They have branches all over Sydney and are rec by the hospitals. The basic scan with the cvs is around 300 plus aud . HTH
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by plantpot
Sydney Ultrasound for Women do this procedure I think. They have branches all over Sydney and are rec by the hospitals. The basic scan with the cvs is around 300 plus aud . HTH
Thank you. They were in fact one of the two hospitals that I already contacted but they didn't respond back. I'll try and get hold of them once I actually get to Sydney.

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you. They were in fact one of the two hospitals that I already contacted but they didn't respond back. I'll try and get hold of them once I actually get to Sydney.

Thanks
They are not a hospital but an outpatient place, you can also get it done at North Shore private hospital as well. If you have a medicare card as part of the reciprocal agreement (even on a 457 visa) you can get back around 80 aud, you need to be referred to all cvs and scans by a GP though, but this is easy to do. You just rock up at ANY GP, pay your consult fee and ask for a referral and letter and where to. Then you ring one of the aforementioned places and get an appointment, usually 2 weeks in advance is enough although you may not be able to choose a time.

Good luck.