Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oaks Hotel at Brisbane

Oaks Hotel at Brisbane

Old Nov 25th 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Oaks Hotel at Brisbane

hi

has anyone stayed at either the Oaks (212 Margaret) or Oaks on Felix St at Brisbane?

planning a trip with the family (with 3 small kids) and was wondering if anyone has anything good to say about the hotel....or perhaps the location....(supposed to be near the botanical gardens)..

Thanks!!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:17 am
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all
Default Re: Oaks Hotel at Brisbane

Originally Posted by obiwan
hi

has anyone stayed at either the Oaks (212 Margaret) or Oaks on Felix St at Brisbane?

planning a trip with the family (with 3 small kids) and was wondering if anyone has anything good to say about the hotel....or perhaps the location....(supposed to be near the botanical gardens)..

Thanks!!
I always use www.tripadvisor.com as a guide. A very useful site if you are looking to go anywhere

Just checked and they dont have anything on the Oaks on Felix and the other one doesnt seem to be listed although there are two other "Oaks" in Brisbane. There are also forums there where others could help

HTH
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jce
I always use www.tripadvisor.com as a guide. A very useful site if you are looking to go anywhere

Just checked and they dont have anything on the Oaks on Felix and the other one doesnt seem to be listed although there are two other "Oaks" in Brisbane. There are also forums there where others could help

HTH
hi HTH,

Thank you very much for the advice.. and for even checking out the hotel on the link as well. will check that website now.....

cheers!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:15 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Used to live in an apartment on Felix St when we first arrived. Never stayed at the hotel but looks nice and I'd stay there just from looking at the outside!

Felix St is next to the river and botanical gardens and has a great cafe "Vroom" on the corner which does good coffee and food. Your walking distance (5 mins) to Queen St Mall and the Wharf. The Pig and Whistle Pub is also a couple of mins away.

Personally I could not think of a better location to stay. Make sure that you have parking though included as its a bit of a nightmare around there.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Centurion
Used to live in an apartment on Felix St when we first arrived. Never stayed at the hotel but looks nice and I'd stay there just from looking at the outside!

Felix St is next to the river and botanical gardens and has a great cafe "Vroom" on the corner which does good coffee and food. Your walking distance (5 mins) to Queen St Mall and the Wharf. The Pig and Whistle Pub is also a couple of mins away.

Personally I could not think of a better location to stay. Make sure that you have parking though included as its a bit of a nightmare around there.
Hi Centurion,

thanks for the first hand advice....I booked just a few hours ago so now I am very happy to have read your post......

cheers!