OAA

Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OAA

Hi,

Me and my partner are due to touch down in Adelaide on the 1st Feb 2010.

We have applied for both meet and greet and OAA Services, that SA provides.

We applied for this 4 weeks ago, but have not heard anything back.

What are the chances of getting this accommodation?

We are just looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, close to, or in the cbd area.

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OAA

Originally Posted by briggs
Hi,

Me and my partner are due to touch down in Adelaide on the 1st Feb 2010.

We have applied for both meet and greet and OAA Services, that SA provides.

We applied for this 4 weeks ago, but have not heard anything back.

What are the chances of getting this accommodation?

We are just looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, close to, or in the cbd area.

Thanks
Chances of getting OAA are slim; very slim. Thousands apply, dozens are successful. You might be best looking at caravan parks for the first little while. There's one in Glenelg which is very popular and only 15 minutes to the city. With OAA you don't have a say where you go, so you could be 45 minutes from the city in the outer suburbs - we were in Surrey Downs, a good 45 minute bus trip to the city.

Meet & Greet was good, though. They picked us up from the airport, drove us to our holiday home, took us grocery shopping and came back the next day to bring us car shopping.

If you haven't heard back, why not contact them to find out the status of your application? The woman we dealt with was lovely and really helpful when we needed to contact them.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Chances of getting OAA are slim; very slim. Thousands apply, dozens are successful. You might be best looking at caravan parks for the first little while. There's one in Glenelg which is very popular and only 15 minutes to the city. With OAA you don't have a say where you go, so you could be 45 minutes from the city in the outer suburbs - we were in Surrey Downs, a good 45 minute bus trip to the city.

Meet & Greet was good, though. They picked us up from the airport, drove us to our holiday home, took us grocery shopping and came back the next day to bring us car shopping.

If you haven't heard back, why not contact them to find out the status of your application? The woman we dealt with was lovely and really helpful when we needed to contact them.
Agree with Dorothy, you dont get to pick they choose where you go if they have a place going.
we applied but didnt get the accomadtion, we only had a couple picking us from the airport, but they werent as helpful as the one Dorothy got they only took us to our accomdation & gave us all the booklets regarding things to do in Adelaide.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Well I arrived four years ago and had no prblems then. I got a one bedroom flat right in the city, you are probably better off as most people want larger places. Meet and Greet was excellent too. Good luck!