Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

O/T. Whacko Jacko. Who else hates him?

O/T. Whacko Jacko. Who else hates him?

Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:24 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O/T. Whacko Jacko. Who else hates him?

I hate that Whacko Jacko. What kind of a parent makes his kids wear masks and (pretends) to throw his latest off a balcony?

That guy was the tops in about 1983 - Thriller was the hit of the charts and he could do no wrong. He has gone very wrong ever since, if that guy ever tried to tempt my two boys into bed with him I would rapidly find another use for my big rose shearers!!!

Go get another elephant for your park, Jacko - you are worse than what comes out of Nellie's back end.

Don't try emigrating to New Zealand. Or Australia either.

[Editor's note: Don apologises for his bottle of wine last night]

Last edited by The Don; Sep 9th 2003 at 4:31 am.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i'm not interested in defending MJ one way or the other BUT-

we all do silly things with our kids that would 'shock' other parents..
how many times have you seen a mum nicely tucked in her car with her seat belt on and the kids jumping around in the back?

i don't condone jacko as a person but he's lived a life that isn't in our prspective and we have no comprehension as to what is 'normal' to him..

i'm a very good friend -10yrs+ of the guy who played 'oliver' mark lester

he knows MJ very very well (plus loads others in la,la land) and he has stayed at his place several times and rates him very highly

(fyi mark's married with 4 young kids)

although he is the only person i know who can claim legitimately to be a close friend of MJ so can't cross reference his opinion

where's you 'insider info' don??

or is it the 'insider' bottle of vino

cheers

richard

Last edited by r.bartlett; Sep 8th 2003 at 7:54 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:48 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: O/T. Whacko Jacko. Who else hates him?

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
I hate that bar steward Whacko Jacko. What kind of a parent makes his kids wear masks and (pretends) to throw his latest off a balcony?

That guy was the tops in about 1983 - Thriller was the hit of the charts and he could do no wrong. He has gone very wrong ever since, if that guy ever tried to tempt my two boys into bed with him I would rapidly find another use for my big rose shearers. Balls....Away!!!

Go get another elephant for your park, Jacko - you are worse than what comes out of Nellie's back end.

I'm with Billy Connolly on this one. You have to feel a little sorry for him, if its not bad enough being a Jehovahs Witness he has also been accused of behaving like a catholic priest!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:52 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I don't know him.....and would'nt like to base an opinion upon what i read in the paper....

Some things he does/says do make at least some sense though. As an example....the masks for the kids. Ok ok so its a bit wierd, and maybe a touch extreme....but i certainly would'nt want my kids to grow up in the lime-light. Not being about to pop to the shops, go out and play footie etc without being hounded by the press. The masks might be preserving some of thier anonimity?
Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

I'm really not sure either way about him.

But I did think the claim to have had only two operations at that his appearance was due to natural aging to be hillarious!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate that bar steward Whacko Jacko. What kind of a parent makes his kids wear masks and (pretends) to throw his latest off a balcony?

That guy was the tops in about 1983 - Thriller was the hit of the charts and he could do no wrong. He has gone very wrong ever since, if that guy ever tried to tempt my two boys into bed with him I would rapidly find another use for my big rose shearers. Balls....Away!!!

Would not the parent who is a surgeon on one of these "Take your kid to work" days make his kid wear a mask?

Throwing them off the balcony - this used to be standard stuff in the old days especially if mum was angry. We lived on the first floor so it was not too bad but my friends who were higher - let us just say that that is why I am here to tell their tale. Too much molly coddling of saucepans now. Being thrown off a balcony is good for you.

As for the rest of it though, it is terrible if true, but like Richard says, who can say what he is really like? He had a terrible upbringing himself and I saw a programme about him on the telly and he seemed to me just a sad fellow who had never grown up. Who can say?

Your post seemed more angry than usual though Don. Another night on the turps?
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i'm not interested in defending MJ one way or the other BUT-

we all do silly things with our kids that would 'shock' other parents..
how many times have you seen a mum nicely tucked in her car with her seat belt on and the kids jumping around in the back?

i don't condone jacko as a person but he's lived a life that isn't in our prspective and we have no comprehension as to what is 'normal' to him..

i'm a very good friend -10yrs+ of the guy who played 'oliver' mark lester

he knows MJ very very well (plus loads others in la,la land) and he has stayed at his place several times and rates him very highly

(fyi mark's married with 4 young kids)

although he is the only person i know who can claim legitimately to be a close friend of MJ so can't cross reference his opinion

where's you 'insider info' don??

or is it the 'insider' bottle of vino

cheers

richard

That "Oliver" was a terrific musical film, Richard. I am not a great fan of musicals generally, but I think they made the best one ever in that film. Oliver Reed was born to play Bill Sykes, and the Dodger and Oliver were perfect. Also Ron Moody as Fagin. That girl who played Nancy - perfect too. Harry Secombe. What a great cast.

I have seen that film about 10 times and I could still watch it again tomorrow. In fact, I am looking forward to it now I am thinking about it again.

Anyway, that is enough for my homage to Oliver.

I also saw your pal in The Prince and the Pauper - very good too (and with Oliver Reed again I think). If he is not sick of hearing it, tell your pal he made the greatest ever musical of all time and one of the handful of great Dickens adaptations - I am sure he knows it already. More than most of us could ever say.

Oliver Reed - another great Londoner (Wimbledon SW19).

All the best, Wilf
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
That "Oliver" was a terrific musical film, Richard. I am not a great fan of musicals generally, but I think they made the best one ever in that film. Oliver Reed was born to play Bill Sykes, and the Dodger and Oliver were perfect. Also Ron Moody as Fagin. That girl who played Nancy - perfect too. Harry Secombe. What a great cast.

I have seen that film about 10 times and I could still watch it again tomorrow. In fact, I am looking forward to it now I am thinking about it again.

Anyway, that is enough for my homage to Oliver.

I also saw your pal in The Prince and the Pauper - very good too (and with Oliver Reed again I think). If he is not sick of hearing it, tell your pal he made the greatest ever musical of all time and one of the handful of great Dickens adaptations - I am sure he knows it already. More than most of us could ever say.

Oliver Reed - another great Londoner (Wimbledon SW19).

All the best, Wilf
Great stuff love musicals
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I think like many of us he has done things he should have thought more about...... is he evil?....... I dont think so....
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by april
Great stuff love musicals
I haven't seen a great many though Mrs Wilf likes them a lot.

I have enjoyed Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and I like that song "Tammy" so whichever film that is from, I like that one too.

They don't seem to do musicals any more though do they?
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I have enjoyed Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and I like that song "Tammy" so whichever film that is from, I like that one too.

The song Tammy was sung by Debbie Renolyds (how do you spell that??? on a boat or somthing like that.
The Mrs's will know
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The song Tammy was sung by Debbie Renolyds (how do you spell that??? on a boat or somthing like that.
The Mrs's will know

Hubby said the movie was Tammy goes somewhere

LOL............
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

The Mrs's will know

Yes, that's it, Debbie Reynolds. I am going to look it up on the internet.

It says that it was from "Tammy and the Bachelor".

Blimey, you never know what you are going to end up talking about do you? My wife would be proud of me.

All the best, Wilf
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Did the Mrs see Chicago............. I really liked it......

I even liked Richard Gear (I nearly did'nt go see it because he was in it........
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, that's it, Debbie Reynolds. I am going to look it up on the internet.

It says that it was from "Tammy and the Bachelor".

Blimey, you never know what you are going to end up talking about do you? My wife would be proud of me.

All the best, Wilf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.