Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

O negative blood type

O negative blood type

Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:09 am
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future
Question O negative blood type

My blood type is O negative. This blood type can receive blood only from another O negative. Apparantly, very few people have O- blood. (only 9% of Australian population!! as per donateblood.com.au) Which would mean if I need blood, it can be bit of a problem!! Just thought I will ask the members if anyone has this blood type and if he(she) is willing to share his address details with me.

This is kind of an initiative to build a list of people who have this blood type so that in emergencies, we can help each other.

Thanks
Old Jun 18th 2005, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: O negative blood type

Originally Posted by base_sydney
My blood type is O negative. This blood type can receive blood only from another O negative. Apparantly, very few people have O- blood. (only 9% of Australian population!! as per donateblood.com.au) Which would mean if I need blood, it can be bit of a problem!! Just thought I will ask the members if anyone has this blood type and if he(she) is willing to share his address details with me.

This is kind of an initiative to build a list of people who have this blood type so that in emergencies, we can help each other.

Thanks
I'm A+, so i can have your blood but you cant have mine !

http://www.donateblood.com.au/Donor/...bloodtypes.asp

I don't think they want brits blood here since the BSE scare
Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:11 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks
Don't woory I am A- only 7% of the population, Us poms cant give blood in Australia any way because of Mad Cow Desease.

There has been a massive drive round here for A- blood and they still dont want any of mine.

Kala
Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

I am O negative and had noted virtually nil supplies of this type. Yes unfortunately if you have resided in UK in last - I think - 15 years you may not donate because of "mad cows' disease". However, if you need elective surgery you may donate stocks of your own blood prior to surgery. I know this is of no use should you be unfortunate enough to require emergency surgery but your own blood can be stored. I think I will cut down on the dangerous sports in future - like driving on the Anzac Highway or Adelaide's Northern suburbs.

Regards
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:17 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grubelice
Yes unfortunately if you have resided in UK in last - I think - 15 years you may not donate because of "mad cows' disease".
that's silly...surely there's some sort of test they could do???

Kala - I am A- too.........and there's only 7% of the australian population with this blood type???? EEK!!! Tell ya what mate...I'll fly over if ya need some
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:43 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Would help if I could but I am A- so mine is even rarer in Aus (7%)......
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:48 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Would help if I could but I am A- so mine is even rarer in Aus (7%)......

How odd, 5 people on this thread so far and 60% of us are A-.

Artep and Jonahs mummy If you ever need any give me a shout. Not being able to give blood over here really gets to me. I have just made an appt for the bloke to give blood next week as he is an Aussie, I'm just gonna shove him in the car and take him there then break the news as to what he is doing there
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:53 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
How odd, 5 people on this thread so far and 60% of us are A-.

Artep and Jonahs mummy If you ever need any give me a shout. Not being able to give blood over here really gets to me. I have just made an appt for the bloke to give blood next week as he is an Aussie, I'm just gonna shove him in the car and take him there then break the news as to what he is doing there
Kala

I know - how bizarre.... it is supposed to be one of the rarer types in the world but looks like when us lot all are in Aus we may bump up the firgure to 8% LOL

Claire
x

PS. Thanx for the offer!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:00 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I'm A- too Perhaps we should start up our own list of donors I see that I am the only one so far heading for WA, so if I need your blood I'll have to take a holiday over to the East. Oh dear

Anne
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:02 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm A- too Perhaps we should start up our own list of donors I see that I am the only one so far heading for WA, so if I need your blood I'll have to take a holiday over to the East. Oh dear

Anne
Anne

Don't panic! Kala is already in WA!

Claire
x
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:04 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Anne

Don't worry Anne I'm in WA already 5 hrs north of Perth but in an emergency I can be ther in an hour on the plane

Kala
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:08 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Don't worry Anne I'm in WA already 5 hrs north of Perth but in an emergency I can be ther in an hour on the plane

Kala
Great! It is a requirement though that you are an alcohol drinker so that your blood matches mine!!! He he
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:16 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Great! It is a requirement though that you are an alcohol drinker so that your blood matches mine!!! He he
not a prob,

my blood consists of 85% jack daniels and 10 % coke and a healthy 5% water (from the ice)

Kala
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:29 am
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by grubelice
However, if you need elective surgery you may donate stocks of your own blood prior to surgery. I know this is of no use should you be unfortunate enough to require emergency surgery but your own blood can be stored.

Regards
Thats something new to me. Any idea how long you can store your blood?

Does living in UK for 3.5 yrs debar you from donating blood as well? I arrived in Manchester after the mad cow desease era. But anyways, I'll pm you with my details. You can always give me a shout if, god forbid any such situation arises!!

amit
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:52 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by artep
that's silly...surely there's some sort of test they could do???

Kala - I am A- too.........and there's only 7% of the australian population with this blood type???? EEK!!! Tell ya what mate...I'll fly over if ya need some
Want any of mine?, but I am AD-....duhhh
ViVi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.