Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

O H & S and Risk Assessment

O H & S and Risk Assessment

Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:55 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default O H & S and Risk Assessment

Is there anyone in this line of work in Australia, which courses/qualifications do you require, where did you study for them and how long approximately did they take?
Any information will be appreciated.

Cheers

Rich
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: O H & S and Risk Assessment

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Is there anyone in this line of work in Australia, which courses/qualifications do you require, where did you study for them and how long approximately did they take?
Any information will be appreciated.

Cheers

Rich
Where are you planning to go to Rich? Mark is doing a week long Health and Safety Officer course as part of his EVTs when we go out to Queensland in August but I think every State probably has slightly different qualifications....

Nicola
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:09 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Hi Nic

Have you any good links for this, I have been browsing the net but not a lot has come up as yet, obviously looking in the wrong places.
Would like to settle in Queensland or NSW.

Rich
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Hi Nic

Have you any good links for this, I have been browsing the net but not a lot has come up as yet, obviously looking in the wrong places.
Would like to settle in Queensland or NSW.

Rich
Here you go

http://www.commerceqld.com.au/www/in...548&region=all

Hope that works as a link. Sent emails to various other training organisations and most didn't reply whereas Commerce Queensland have been very helpful. Mark has got permission (or whatever it is you need from the RN) to go.

Only drawback which we didn't realise is that you have an assignment to do after the course and then you have to do a 3 day course within 6 months to take the elective module. (There is one for industrial workplaces.) Mark was hoping to do one after the other but you can't which is a bit of a bummer. Don't know whether we will be out in Aus to meet the 6 month deadline.

Hope that helps - I know it took me a lot of searching on the net to find it!

Nicola