Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZIS want MORE money !!!!!!

NZIS want MORE money !!!!!!

Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all
Default NZIS want MORE money !!!!!!

Well - after one year and one long week NZIS have finally decided to accept my 17 yr olds application as a dependant child.
Cause for celebration but......they're asking for ANOTHER $300 for a migrant levy fee. Is this a new thing ?
Apparently its to: Fund research into the outcomes of immigration ( they could just ask me, I would tell them for less than $300 ! )
And: to contribute to the teaching of English as a second language in the compulsary school sector ( who're they trying to kid - they can barely afford to teach it as a first language )

Geez ! You think you've paid out all you have to..........
Old Oct 19th 2004, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZIS want MORE money !!!!!!

Everyone has to pay the migrant levy.....u get a nice booklet with pretty pictures of happy migrants though!

I was unhappy about them not telling me upfront about the extra fees....all a bit of a rip off if you ask me.

everytime you sneeze the NZIS will ask for money to wipe your nose. My passport expired...so $50 to put in a new visa sticker in my temp passport..while i waited for my new passport, and the $50 again to transfer it from my tem passport to my new full passport. and in a years' time or so, itll be $440 per person if I want to apply for new zealand citizenship, plus whatever the NZ passport fees will be by that stage...and the new passports will only be valid for five years so youll have to pay to get new ones more often....

anyway, i still like it here well enough....

Originally Posted by westiepom
Well - after one year and one long week NZIS have finally decided to accept my 17 yr olds application as a dependant child.
Cause for celebration but......they're asking for ANOTHER $300 for a migrant levy fee. Is this a new thing ?
Apparently its to: Fund research into the outcomes of immigration ( they could just ask me, I would tell them for less than $300 ! )
And: to contribute to the teaching of English as a second language in the compulsary school sector ( who're they trying to kid - they can barely afford to teach it as a first language )

Geez ! You think you've paid out all you have to..........
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all
Default Re: NZIS want MORE money !!!!!!

Come to think of, I remember paying around $90 for a book with pretty pictures in it when the 3 of us got our PR 2 yrs ago - Geez - talk about inflation !!