Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ - would you do it all again?

NZ - would you do it all again?

Old Sep 10th 2003, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Appro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ - would you do it all again?

Let's get down to the nitty gritty. All of you Brits that have made the jump, would you do it again?

Yes or no?

Also:

What would you change if you could?
What do you like about NZ?
What do you hate?

What do you miss the most, if anything?
Will you ever leave NZ?

I just want some honest opinions.

Ta.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:10 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ - would you do it all again?

Originally posted by Appro
Let's get down to the nitty gritty. All of you Brits that have made the jump, would you do it again?

Yes or no?

Yes

Also:

What would you change if you could?

Would have brought more 'stuff' with us (expensive game emigrating). Would of insisted Hubby had a couple of weeks between arriving and starting work (not 3 days!)

What do you like about NZ?

Love the people and of course the scenery. Love the fact that going to the supermarket on Saturday and pulling up outside the chemist does not endanger my mental health here! Love the cleanliness/quietness of the streets. Love the fact that a lot of Kiwis are petrol heads. We have always been bikers and used to get judged in a negative way in the UK but here are judged in a positive way (even though hubby rides a Jap bike!). Just feel at home here.

What do you hate?

The dire selection of childrens shoes here drives me nuts. Thats about it really!

What do you miss the most, if anything?

Family, friends, having no personal history here, Ian misses a pint of Banks', and lots of trivial foodie cravings.

Will you ever leave NZ?

I doubt it very much, I never say never but I doubt it.
I just want some honest opinions.

Ta.

Paula
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Appro is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Paula.