Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nz What stage are you at?

View Poll Results: What stage are you at? (NZ)
Just thinking about it.....
21.95%
Lodged application and waiting
26.83%
Have visa waiting to go
26.83%
Already there!
24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Nz What stage are you at?

Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:54 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nz What stage are you at?

Originally posted by TIZUS
What stage are you at ?
NZIS recieved our paperwork for both work visas and PR on 21st May just waiting.........

Tori

Hi

I've voted already there but we are also waiting for residency, lodged it last friday.

Paula
Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

House is in the process of being sold i.e. at drawing up contract stage so we plan to be in Brisbane sometime mid August!

I can't wait!
Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kebabo
Amanda

What jobs have you already been offered? are they not teaching as well?

we are going over in September as a fact finding and hopefully job finding trip. Really want to go to Queenstown as we have friends there, but unfortunately going to have to go wherever I can get a job. All down on my shoulders as hubby doesn't have a dregree!! also feel pretty dim compared to all the teachers, nurses etc going, I need something in business and finance or travel jobs, only they don't seem to want to take on non resident people.

Boy job searching is so catch 22

Donna
Hi Donna
I trained as a beauty therapsit years ago and found it on the OSL so I spoke to a few beauty therapists in NZ and they said that NZ are crying out for them. Not sure why Hmmmmmm lol!!
So I am going out as a Spa manager for a Spa in Wellington. One of the beauty therapists I have been in touch with is the one who is HOD in an Auckland College. She is Scottish and reckons that I can get a teaching job with her no problem.
Have you looked at Wellington for finance jobs? I think thats where most of them are in NZ.
Good luck!!
Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Kebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really nice

Originally posted by valleygirl
Hi Donna
I trained as a beauty therapsit years ago and found it on the OSL so I spoke to a few beauty therapists in NZ and they said that NZ are crying out for them. Not sure why Hmmmmmm lol!!
So I am going out as a Spa manager for a Spa in Wellington. One of the beauty therapists I have been in touch with is the one who is HOD in an Auckland College. She is Scottish and reckons that I can get a teaching job with her no problem.
Have you looked at Wellington for finance jobs? I think thats where most of them are in NZ.
Good luck!!
Amanda,

Thanks for that, just being nosey.

Good luck with everything
Old Jun 5th 2003, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Thomas Family
Hello Tizus . What trade are you in? Did you find 4corners helpful
in your jobsearch? Did you have a lot of silly mistakes and spelling
mistakes on your Draft applications to NZ? Do you have to worry
about minor driving offences from 12+ years ago?
Have you a list of possible building firms I could contact.
Christchurch or anywhere S.Island. Help much appreciated.
Hi we did a search in Google, on the Nelson web site and yellow pages nz and found loads of builders then narrowed it down to the ones in the areas we were interested in. Here is a few of the companies I can remember

TRUBET
TRADE STAFF (AGENCY)
MAYFAIR BUILDERS
SHOREWOOD HOMES
www.rilean.co.nz

I have also sent you a PM
Tori
Old Jun 5th 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

All paper work stat decs, certificates, passports, reference for 18 years employment(11 different employers) etc. Medicals 17th June, job offer letter arrived via e-mail on Sunday afternoon, house on market since Thursday(1 viewing). As soon as we get everything back from medicals application going in. Can't wait to go, we've never been so it will be a new experience for all of us.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:24 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by stooly
All paper work stat decs, certificates, passports, reference for 18 years employment(11 different employers) etc. Medicals 17th June, job offer letter arrived via e-mail on Sunday afternoon, house on market since Thursday(1 viewing). As soon as we get everything back from medicals application going in. Can't wait to go, we've never been so it will be a new experience for all of us.
Stooly - nothing personal but why did you choose that Username? You sound like the aftereffects of a bad curry.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Thomas Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we did a search in Google, on the Nelson web site and yellow pages nz and found loads of builders then narrowed it down to the ones in the areas we were interested in. Here is a few of the companies I can remember

TRUBET
TRADE STAFF (AGENCY)
MAYFAIR BUILDERS
SHOREWOOD HOMES
www.rilean.co.nz

I have also sent you a PM
Tori
Thankyou for the info. (Thomas family)
Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband registered on the site for us and this is a North yorkshire word for friend, don't ask me why. I guess it's better than PICKS which is nickname.
Stooly has in stool, not the sitting type. That's what I thought when I met him.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Hi

I've voted already there but we are also waiting for residency, lodged it last friday.

Paula
Hi Paula
Where you given any idea of timescales?
Tori
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paula
Where you given any idea of timescales?
Tori
We lodged a week last Tuesday. Got the official response letter today. It says what we already knew. 5-6 months for a case officer to be assigned. If that timescale changes, they'll let us know within 5 months. They also say the whole process could take up to 10 months. However, if a job offer comes in, those timescales will go out the window and a case officer assigned immediately. I've heard of assessment in not much more than a week, in those cases. So I think that needs to be pointed out to potential employers; that you could well get the visa within a normal notice period, and, in principle, they needn't wait much longer than an applicant already over there. Of course, you might want them to wait a bit longer, but that's another story.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

tezzabart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Thomas Family
Hello Tizus . What trade are you in? Did you find 4corners helpful
in your jobsearch? Did you have a lot of silly mistakes and spelling
mistakes on your Draft applications to NZ? Do you have to worry
about minor driving offences from 12+ years ago?
Have you a list of possible building firms I could contact.
Christchurch or anywhere S.Island. Help much appreciated.
Hi i'm Tizus's husbunds friend, we both basicaly got into nz yellow pages and emailed as many building firms as we could find with our cv's and ref.I narrowed down my search to Nelson yellow pages,where we wanted to settle.you would have to downlaod you're cv etc and a mate did that for me,as you need the right sort of scanner. what sort of trade do you have?Try and help some more if I can
tezzabart.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tezzabart
Hi i'm Tizus's husbunds friend, we both basicaly got into nz yellow pages and emailed as many building firms as we could find with our cv's and ref.I narrowed down my search to Nelson yellow pages,where we wanted to settle.you would have to downlaod you're cv etc and a mate did that for me,as you need the right sort of scanner. what sort of trade do you have?Try and help some more if I can
tezzabart.
What a helpfull "young" man.
Tori!!
Ps So your not my friend just my husbands friend-....!
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

tezzabart is an unknown quantity at this point

What a helpfull "young" man.
Tori!!
Ps So your not my friend just my husbands friend-....!
Tori!! my little beefburger, of course I am you're friend to!please don't take the urine out of my mailings swedy,it took me 20 min to write it.
love you tezza
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tezzabart
Tori!! my little beefburger, of course I am you're friend to!please don't take the urine out of my mailings swedy,it took me 20 min to write it.
love you tezza
TWENTY MINUTES...... GETTING FASTER!!!!

Love ya too SWEDY!!

:PARTY:
Just for you coz ya like it!!

Tori xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.