NZ Visa

Old May 8th 2002, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

viper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Visa

Dear friends,

I have got my qualification assessed by NZQA for which I get 10 points and for the age I’m entitled for another 10. But I’m running low when it comes to work experience, where I have 2 years post graduation experience and 4 years while I was doing my BS(which was QA’ed by NZQA).
I think I’m falling short of the pass mark for the PR. Then next is the work visa/work permit. What NZIS web site says is quite contradictory about this. Can some of you please help me in this. As of what I should do.

Thanks for your time
Old May 9th 2002, 5:40 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NZ Visa

Viper,

Your issue I think is whether your work experience is relevant and assessed as 6 years or 3 points.

You should be OK without these 3 points but will have to take up a job in NZ within the time limit set by NZIS. Your 20 points for age and education are enough already to get you the promise of PR conditional on you finding a job relevant to your qualifications - this would get you 5 points and you would therefore meet the 25 point passmark.

If your work experience is allowed to stand as 6 years, this gets your 3 points. Therefore with 23 points total, you would still need to get a job but it could be totally unrelated to your qualifications and at any level, eg barman etc. This gets you 2 points and again you meet the 25 point passmark.

The NZIS immigration site is pretty clear on this: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migration/

All the best.
Old May 9th 2002, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

viper is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your quick response. Much much appreciated. Since, anyway I’m falling short of the points should I put forward my papers requesting a work permit/visa? What do U think?. Will they (NZIS) account my experience, which I have prior to my graduation since it is, the qualification that was assessed. Please be kind enough to help me in the following issues also

-How long does it take for me to get the PR/work (visa/permit)
-Also during my stay with a work visa can I get down my spouse?
-When transferring from work visa/permit to the PR have I to leave the country (NZ) and re-enter
Old May 9th 2002, 5:20 pm
Phil

You should apply for a work deferral visa under the general skills catogry. It takes
about 6/8 weeks. Some people have got it in 2 weeks. This is what we are going for.
Once our police checks are back.

Emily

"viper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for your quick response. Much much appreciated. Since, anyway I'm falling
    > short of the points should I put forward my papers requesting a work permit/visa?
    > What do U think?. Will they (NZIS) account my experience, which I have prior to my
    > graduation since it is, the qualification that was assessed. Please be kind enough
    > to help me in the following issues also
    >
    > -How long does it take for me to get the PR/work (visa/permit) -Also during my stay
    > with a work visa can I get down my spouse? -When transferring from work visa/permit
    > to the PR have I to leave the country (NZ) and re-enter
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com