Reload this Page >

NZ - Vini, Vidi, Vici a real story

NZ - Vini, Vidi, Vici a real story

Old Oct 21st 2003, 4:16 am
ams
Forum Regular

ams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ - Vini, Vidi, Vici a real story

Just got the Approval in Principle letter from NZIS in Christchurch. Real good feeling. Now its time to pay NZ$800 and get the stickers.

Came here (NZ) in December 2002 from India....as a visitor. First hop Wellington. Fished around in vain for 4 miserable months....no jobs. Everyone said....u got great experience mate....!!! only if you had a WP or PR....hmmm.

Spent long frustrating hours thinking about my decision to come down. I quit a real good job in India in which I travelled all around the world.

March 2003....put in my general skills application in desperation for a Job Search work permit....I was on 24 points.

Mid April....a generous person offered contract work.....got my work permit for a year....I knew this was not what I was lexactly ooking for but gave me a headstart.....good on ya mate..!!!

One of those days I was searching the net for job postings....and came across one that was posted 3 month before...in Feb. It said people with visitor's visa are welcome to apply for a position in a hi-tech company in Cristchurch. I just posted my CV without caring much.....In came the phone call from Hewlett-Packard NZ in Christchurch....I got interview call....!!!

May 13 2003....After 3 intensive interviews.....here I am working for HP NZ from July 2003 in a fantastic work environment. Few months later we are shifting to a NZ$8 million building only for HP.

In between went back to India to bring my family (wife & 18 months son). My wife immediately got a damn good job ( in 1 week) with Telstra....she had spouse work permit based on mine.....I'm jealous.

July.....included my offer of employment with my PR application.

October 20...thats yesterday maaan...!!! We've been granted PR....!!!!

So all the best to you out there.....please don't lose hope.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

MaryMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ - Vini, Vidi, Vici a real story

Well done mate!
Emjoy your new life in NZ!
MaryMc
Old Oct 21st 2003, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant! Good luck and have a fab life in NZ
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:40 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ - Vini, Vidi, Vici a real story

Originally posted by ams
Just got the Approval in Principle letter from NZIS in Christchurch. Real good feeling. Now its time to pay NZ$800 and get the stickers.

Came here (NZ) in December 2002 from India....as a visitor. First hop Wellington. Fished around in vain for 4 miserable months....no jobs. Everyone said....u got great experience mate....!!! only if you had a WP or PR....hmmm.

Spent long frustrating hours thinking about my decision to come down. I quit a real good job in India in which I travelled all around the world.

March 2003....put in my general skills application in desperation for a Job Search work permit....I was on 24 points.

Mid April....a generous person offered contract work.....got my work permit for a year....I knew this was not what I was lexactly ooking for but gave me a headstart.....good on ya mate..!!!

One of those days I was searching the net for job postings....and came across one that was posted 3 month before...in Feb. It said people with visitor's visa are welcome to apply for a position in a hi-tech company in Cristchurch. I just posted my CV without caring much.....In came the phone call from Hewlett-Packard NZ in Christchurch....I got interview call....!!!

May 13 2003....After 3 intensive interviews.....here I am working for HP NZ from July 2003 in a fantastic work environment. Few months later we are shifting to a NZ$8 million building only for HP.

In between went back to India to bring my family (wife & 18 months son). My wife immediately got a damn good job ( in 1 week) with Telstra....she had spouse work permit based on mine.....I'm jealous.

July.....included my offer of employment with my PR application.

October 20...thats yesterday maaan...!!! We've been granted PR....!!!!

So all the best to you out there.....please don't lose hope.
Good post, ams. Good luck to you and your family. Hope to be there too....soon.

Rob
Old Oct 21st 2003, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Life is there for the taking.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!