NZ versus Aus

Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:55 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice
Default Re: NZ versus Aus

Having known some Australians and New Zealanders, I would have to say, NZ'ers tend to be friendlier, although the difference isn't that great. Just my two cents worth.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robw4
Having known some Australians and New Zealanders, I would have to say, NZ'ers tend to be friendlier, although the difference isn't that great. Just my two cents worth.
Having known some Rob's and Steve's I would say the Rob's just edged out the Steve's. So well done to you
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fish.01
Having known some Rob's and Steve's I would say the Rob's just edged out the Steve's. So well done to you
I've lived in NZ (26 years), the UK (8 years) and Australia (last 2 years) so will add my 2c worth.

NZ in my opinion is only worth visiting, or retiring with a decent amount of assets, and only if you do not mind the UK like weather. I would never go back there permanently and am perfectly happy here.

I periodically go back to NZ to see family and friends and usually it is a good reminder of why I left in the first place. The relative wealth of the two countries is diverging more (one indicator - the vehicle fleet on the roads is much much older) and people seem to struggle more financially. Also I found NZ politics too influenced by the extremists - just hope Oz doesn't go down this road. Tall poppy syndrome is rampant as well.

I was in Wellington recently - it rained the entire time, was cold and grey and people looked pretty miserable. Most properties in Wellington are cold and draughty and very poorly insulated.

Also NZ needs to grow up a bit - too much anti Australism (sp?), anti Americanism, anti anything not NZ. Kind of like the naughty kid at the back of the class that wants to stir the pot and have a go at its elders (the bigger countries in this case).

Having said all this, it is just my opinion - I know lots of people perfectly happy there and it appeals more to those who make use of the outdoors, are not bothered by $ and do not mind the grey and wet weather.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:00 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NZ versus Aus

Originally Posted by GreenMan72
I've lived in NZ (26 years), the UK (8 years) and Australia (last 2 years) so will add my 2c worth.

NZ in my opinion is only worth visiting, or retiring with a decent amount of assets, and only if you do not mind the UK like weather. I would never go back there permanently and am perfectly happy here.

I periodically go back to NZ to see family and friends and usually it is a good reminder of why I left in the first place. The relative wealth of the two countries is diverging more (one indicator - the vehicle fleet on the roads is much much older) and people seem to struggle more financially. Also I found NZ politics too influenced by the extremists - just hope Oz doesn't go down this road. Tall poppy syndrome is rampant as well.

I was in Wellington recently - it rained the entire time, was cold and grey and people looked pretty miserable. Most properties in Wellington are cold and draughty and very poorly insulated.

Also NZ needs to grow up a bit - too much anti Australism (sp?), anti Americanism, anti anything not NZ. Kind of like the naughty kid at the back of the class that wants to stir the pot and have a go at its elders (the bigger countries in this case).

Having said all this, it is just my opinion - I know lots of people perfectly happy there and it appeals more to those who make use of the outdoors, are not bothered by $ and do not mind the grey and wet weather.
Many of us have had exactly the same experience it would seem.

BB
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenMan72

Can only agree on this.
We existed in NZ, a miserable 6 years. Been in OZ now 2.5 years and enjoyed every single minute or every day and loving more and more as time goes on.
For us, we would have to rate OZ as the best country to live in. Love it!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I know a lot of New Zealanders, both here and from when I lived in London.

All of them speak glowingly about how wonderful New Zealand is.

None of them choose to live there.

Most of them have no plans to live there. Ever.

BB
This is so true. I met loads of Kiwis in London and when travelling who raved on about the place and how crap the UK was in comparison. I ended up travelling to NZ and had a great time - for a holiday. We are going in December again - it's a top place to visit but a shite place to live.

On the other hand, I have met many Kiwis in Australia who are scathing about NZ. I was talking to a Maori guy at my son's school the other day and he totally hates NZ and does not even like to visit the place.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

I don't get it. Why would someone move from the UK to some crappy rural part of NZ and then moan about how shite NZ is?

Isn't that like someone from say Sydney or Melbourne moving to some shite part of the UK, let's say Merthyr Tydfil and then moaning about how crap the UK is??

I also don't get Kiwi's who don't live in NZ but still say it's better than whichever country they're living in - Oz, wherever. A bit like the Scots, Welsh etc who live in England but yet run it down every chance they get.

So you went to NZ and shock! horror! it's not hot and the salaries are crap! Surely you could suss that out for yourself before you bothered moving from the other side of the world - that's why half of NZ is living in Oz and 80% of the other half live in Auckland. If you choose to live in obscure shit-arse country towns where the only clothing is rugby jumpers and gumboots then either suck it up or leave.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:40 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rascal
Can only agree on this.
We existed in NZ, a miserable 6 years. Been in OZ now 2.5 years and enjoyed every single minute or every day and loving more and more as time goes on.
For us, we would have to rate OZ as the best country to live in. Love it!
l don't know why some people choose to immigrate to NZ over OZ in the first place.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:22 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamSi
I don't get it. Why would someone move from the UK to some crappy rural part of NZ and then moan about how shite NZ is?

Isn't that like someone from say Sydney or Melbourne moving to some shite part of the UK, let's say Merthyr Tydfil and then moaning about how crap the UK is??

I also don't get Kiwi's who don't live in NZ but still say it's better than whichever country they're living in - Oz, wherever. A bit like the Scots, Welsh etc who live in England but yet run it down every chance they get.

So you went to NZ and shock! horror! it's not hot and the salaries are crap! Surely you could suss that out for yourself before you bothered moving from the other side of the world - that's why half of NZ is living in Oz and 80% of the other half live in Auckland. If you choose to live in obscure shit-arse country towns where the only clothing is rugby jumpers and gumboots then either suck it up or leave.
Or to put it bluntly, NZ is a f**khole of gigantic proportions.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Immihopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

You lot are disgraceful and need to grow up, why do you not just get on with your neighbours instead of slagging them off.

Stop behaving like children and spreading lies about things that most of you know absolutely nothing about.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

You don't really know a place until you live there. Even a holiday can give a warped impression of a place. I didn't have a clue what it would be like living in NZ...I didn't even come over first, although my husband came over for a week, so came out blind. I thought it would be a good opportunity for our children and once the chance had presented itself I knew there would always be the 'what if' if we had not come.
I thought it would be an easy going lifestyle. It has turned out boring. And in the time we have been here we have travelled round the country to find it is all the same all over. Towns all look the same. Have only seen a little of Australia but there is a difference between eg. Sydney and Melbourne. Both with their own identities.
Why are we still here? Because our two kids are at a crucial part of their schooling (16 and 14yrs) to be able to change at this moment in time.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:11 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamSi
If you choose to live in obscure shit-arse country towns where the only clothing is rugby jumpers and gumboots then either suck it up or leave.
Mate, even Auckland is an obscure country town in terms of mentality.

The only "city" in NZ that has an even slightly developed feel about it is Wellington.

BB
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Auskiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Immihopeful
You lot are disgraceful and need to grow up, why do you not just get on with your neighbours instead of slagging them off.

Stop behaving like children and spreading lies about things that most of you know absolutely nothing about.
Because they hate us and don't stop slagging us off..till they become one of the 1000 per week living here!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Auskiwi
Because they hate us
Hate is a strong word, more like pity.......
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:13 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Hate is a strong word, more like pity.......
I think you missed what Auskiwi was saying mate.... have another read.

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.