NZ versus Aus

Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ versus Aus

Nooooo dont do it! Go to NZ that is
Lived in NZ, no sorry 'existed' in NZ for a long horrible miserable 6 years.
As soon as we could escape to Australia -we did.
It has been the BEST move we have ever made in our entire lives.
Better jobs, pay, cost of living, housing, and best of all just awesome people!
We have the best group of friends here in Australia that nothing will or can replace, we have been embraced by all, into their lives and family and social events. We are like one of the family.
We will never move anywhere else now, this is HOME!!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:21 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

One country is cold, wet and poor the other one is not. NZ would be good for a holiday with the mountain scenery and skiing but l would'nt want to live there.

Last edited by mohogony; Sep 9th 2010 at 7:25 am.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:19 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

This thread also needs some input from Buzzy!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Anyone for 'fesh and chups'?

Served out on the dick?

Originally Posted by Kapri
Why?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NZ versus Aus

Originally Posted by Kapri
errr OK

NZ has earthquakes therefore I think you should move to NZ. (caveat - this is only aimed at geophysicists, all others should move to Australia)

BB
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
errr OK

NZ has earthquakes therefore I think you should move to NZ. (caveat - this is only aimed at geophysicists, all others should move to Australia)

BB
I used to be a geophysicist who spent a few months working in NZ.

1. I really don't like earthquakes and we had an average of one a month big enough to feel and hear. And there will be a BIG ONE.

2. It is a very grey country compared to Australia, in all senses.

3. It is very parochial.

4. I turned down the offer of a permanent job there, even though it was a short-cut to Australia at the time. I couldn't have stood 3 years there.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Interesting if you put this on the NZ forum what kind of reponses you would get. Not saying these are not all fair and balanced views. Would just be intersted in the other side of the coin.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 11:04 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Kilt
Interesting if you put this on the NZ forum what kind of reponses you would get. Not saying these are not all fair and balanced views. Would just be intersted in the other side of the coin.
Many of the reasons given by people who chose to emigrate to NZ over Oz include - don't like the heat, don't like the creepy crawlies, don't like the Australians.

In many cases though people choose to emigrate to NZ over Oz because the two countries different immigration criteria mean that it is easier for many people to get into NZ.

BB
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:52 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Why?

because he's lived in both places and so is in a good position to offer advice....which I see he has now done.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Needs a bit of balancing up I would have thought...any kiwis out there?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:19 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Many of the reasons given by people who chose to emigrate to NZ over Oz include - don't like the heat, don't like the creepy crawlies, don't like the Australians.

In many cases though people choose to emigrate to NZ over Oz because the two countries different immigration criteria mean that it is easier for many people to get into NZ.

BB
This time of year in OZ " Heat" what heat l wish there was some, as for creepy crawlies none have ever bitten me after 30 years living in OZ only bees have bitten me.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:41 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't lived in Oz only visited, but it wasn't for me. I found the Australians rude and aggressive after the lovely Kiwis. It is expensive, I fortunately came with sufficient capital and set up my own business.

For me, after 3.5 years NZ is home. It has made me the happiest I've ever been. I love the scenery, the people, the smallness of it. My eldest talks of moving to Oz to earn some money before going to Uni, good I say!

I have a great friend, also from London, who now lives in Perth and loves it and Oz as much as I do NZ. It really comes down to what is right for you as an individual.

We never considered Oz as then hubby is a Kiwi so it was simple. I'm not sure it is right to say that NZ is easier to get in than Oz, in fact I'm pretty sure it is the opposite.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:38 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: NZ versus Aus

Is'nt it great that we're all different and want different things? I want to give some answers to your post though of my experiences as well as we've all had different experiences -

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I found the Australians rude and aggressive after the lovely Kiwis.
I found exactly the opposite, and I reckon it's down to the areas you live in in each place and by extension the demographic. In New Zealand, where I lived in a very rural area, every day I would get ribbed about being a "pom". I still do when I go there on holiday. Every day I got it rubbed in my face about how much better NZ was than the UK. Now I get the same when I'm there but about how much better NZ is than Oz.

In Melbourne I see NONE of that. Nobody ribs me about being English, ever, or says anything derogatory about any other countries.

So my experience is the opposite of yours.

It is expensive, I fortunately came with sufficient capital and set up my own business.
My in-laws from NZ come over here to visit and state the shop prices in Melbourne are about half of what they pay for groceries. I certainly have found that, for instance, chemists goods and DIY goods, for instance, are considerably less in Australia, as are cars for some reason.

My eldest talks of moving to Oz to earn some money before going to Uni, good I say!
That's the main reason people choose Oz over NZ - more jobs and higher wages. Without an income you can survive on emigration to anywhere is just a pipedream.

We never considered Oz as then hubby is a Kiwi so it was simple.
You'd be pretty unusual! 1000 Kiwis a week choose Oz over their own country!

I'm not sure it is right to say that NZ is easier to get in than Oz, in fact I'm pretty sure it is the opposite.
Personally, I don't know, but I do know of many people on this forum who emigrated to NZ because they couldn't get into Oz.

So as you can see we all have different experiences!

BB
Old Sep 9th 2010, 11:58 pm
ABCDiamond

I'm not sure it is right to say that NZ is easier to get in than Oz, in fact I'm pretty sure it is the opposite.
Personally, I don't know, but I do know of many people on this forum who emigrated to NZ because they couldn't get into Oz.
New Zealand used to be a stepping stone to Australia for many migrating people, but I am sure that this "loophole" has now been tightened up.

So as you can see we all have different experiences!
That is so true

Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

In electrical engineering, a minimum 'good' salary is:
Australia - AUD100k
NZ - NZD60k

For a similar cost of living.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.