Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ v OZ, it's about time!!!!

NZ v OZ, it's about time!!!!

Old Apr 4th 2003, 6:20 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Exclamation NZ v OZ, it's about time!!!!

So many of you on this "OZ/NZ"forum, are going to/ been to/aready there/ or coming home from Australia.

Not so many of us (myself included) are going to/already in/coming back from NEW ZEALAND.

I've posted a thread on here asking posters to put OZ or NZ on the subject title, to see what country the thread refers to ( I do read with interest the OZ threads!) Doesn't seemed to have worked!

Seems like some on here refer to NZ as the "other" destination, when NZ is becoming close to the No.1 destination for migrants, according to a maybe slightly biased NZ paper.

It would be interseting to find out why migrants choose OZ or NZ as their destination & why OZ not NZ & vice versa & whether they considered both before making a decision.

Come on future NZ migrants stand up & be counted! After all we are "the chosen few"
Old Apr 4th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

so where abouts in the forrrrrest are you?

cheers

richard
Old Apr 4th 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
We chose NZ over Oz for many reasons.
NZ:-
Cooler than OZ, didn't want anywhere too hot.
No nasty spiders or snakes in NZ that we need be concerned about.
Smaller ....I know what I mean by that.
NZ appears to be more "English" than OZ, I mean, we're British, we don't want to go some where toooooo foreign !!

Gill and Rob
Old Apr 4th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Gill and Rob
Hello
We chose NZ over Oz for many reasons.
NZ:-
Cooler than OZ, didn't want anywhere too hot.
No nasty spiders or snakes in NZ that we need be concerned about.
Smaller ....I know what I mean by that.
NZ appears to be more "English" than OZ, I mean, we're British, we don't want to go some where toooooo foreign !!

Gill and Rob
I have never found NZ to be remotely English and I would imagine a fair few Kiwis would feel the same!! I wouldn't mention it when you arrive if I were you!

Last edited by muppetking; Apr 5th 2003 at 3:48 am.
Old Apr 4th 2003, 8:15 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by r.bartlett
so where abouts in the forrrrrest are you?

cheers

richard
Newland near Coleford, as apposed to New(Zea)land, spooky eh!
Do you know it?
Old Apr 4th 2003, 8:18 pm
Non-addicted member!

Originally posted by muppetking
Having been in NZ for over 2 years and visited Oz countless times I have to say that there is as much, if not more, Pom bashing here....some of it subtle and some downright insulting! I have never found NZ to be remotely English and I would imagine a fair few Kiwis would feel the same!!
Glad you said that Muppetking, I want to move "away" from England!
Old Apr 4th 2003, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by garrisondamn
You couldn't have got much further Alan ! Best of luck.
Old Apr 5th 2003, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Newland near Coleford, as apposed to New(Zea)land, spooky eh!
Do you know it?
yes i know some of the forest..
got a close friend who lives on the edge of cinderford

i lived in glos for a year then chelt for 15..very nearly bought a house in newham-on-severn by the river..

done a fair bit in the forest work wise..

cheers

richard
Old Apr 5th 2003, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.garrisondamn.demon.co.uk/alan.htm

your last answer seems at odds with your travel plans ;-)

cheers

richard
Old Apr 5th 2003, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

i expect you must go in the glasshouse mayhill and jam with richard ashcroft ? ;-)

cheers

richard
Old Apr 5th 2003, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan, you have immaculate taste in music!...saw the Jam 4 times in '78/'79, The Cult in '83 (plus Southern Death Cult!)....and The Levellers lost count (from Brighton you see?like me)...Watch out for The Feelers and Stellar when you get to NZ....they really rock!
Old Apr 5th 2003, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

the jam were okay but the clash in '77 they were the best..

cheers

richard
Old Apr 5th 2003, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by r.bartlett
the jam were okay but the clash in '77 they were the best..

cheers

richard
Saw them twice in '77 (B'ham)....fantastic...RIP Joe!
Old Apr 6th 2003, 12:16 am
Non-addicted member!

We've gone off the subject, but still...........

I didn't know the website still existed, how did you find it? That's a very old version too!, how do you know? I didn't think I had mentioned the band on my details, I'll have to look.

That answer to the last question on my web page, was the feeling at the time. The band was going well, we toured america, went to NYC to chase a management deal. I never came off, the singer/songwriter left (a huge Clash fan), so we kept a band going with me singing, just for something to do. Actually, I have just played a gig tonight.

I hoped my music may be "a way out" for me, if it had worked, but the migration bug has always been there.

I hope to join/start a band in NZ, my bass & amp will be going with me!
Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

markjohnno is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NZ v OZ, it's about time!!!!

Definitely new zealand.Where else can you get such amazing contrasts in topography both coastally and inland,Oz is great too but most of the population live on the coast.
New Zealand has small population and lush vegetation.
we all leave for whakatane bay of plenty in 2 weeks ....YIKES!! can't believe its happening so soon.
Immigration in London were really slick ,i got my residency visa granted in a record 10 days from submission.
got a job at the hospital as an Anaesthetic Technician.

regards Markjohnno and family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.