Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ - Total cost of Immigration

NZ - Total cost of Immigration

Old Apr 18th 2002, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

rich.arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ - Total cost of Immigration

Has anyone worked out in total how much immigration will/has cost them? I'm trying to put some figures for immigration and settlement together and there are a lot of costs to take into account from visa's to shipping to pets and flights and so on.

Richard.
Old Apr 19th 2002, 6:30 am
Ben Davies

Default Re: NZ - Total cost of Immigration

My costs were as follows UK to Auckland NZ NZQA £66 Photocopying and certifying all
documents £60 Medical £95 X-ray £27 Police check £10 Postage approx £30 (recorded
deliveries etc) Application to NZIS NZD700 = £210 Migrant levy £100 Shipping 25 cu ft
of boxes Liverpool to Auckland £220 Flight £750 Manchester - Auckland return and a
lot of form filling on my part £0...

About £1600

All for one person.

Hope this helps.

"rich.arlene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone worked out in total how much immigration will/has cost them? I'm trying
    > to put some figures for immigration and settlement together and there are a lot of
    > costs to take into account from visa's to shipping to pets and flights and so on.
    >
    >
    > Richard.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 19th 2002, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

rich.arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that reply Ben. I'd forgotten a couple of things such as the Migrant Levy. We've also got the cost of taking our big German Shepherd dog which looks likely to cost more than either of us humans and involve more paperwork. I hope she'll be sitting in doggie business class sipping doggie champagne for the price but I don't expect it.

Richard.
Old Apr 19th 2002, 4:00 pm
Jonathan Neary

Hi

Dogs do seem to cost more than people - we are taking 2 smallish dogs and its looking
like costing £1500 for the shipping (with agents) and £300 ish vets bills for us.

Would be cheaper to book them seats on the plane with us! or maybe we could all go in
a shipping container

Other costs as detailed by Ben

Good luck

J

"rich.arlene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Thanks for that reply Ben. I'd forgotten a couple of things such as the Migrant
    > Levy. We've also got the cost of taking our big German Shepherd dog which looks
    > likely to cost more than either of us humans and involve more paperwork. I hope
    > she'll be sitting in doggie business class sipping doggie champagne for the price
    > but I don't expect it.
    >
    > Richard.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Apr 19th 2002, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Karen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question for Ben - What is the £100 Migrant Levy that you list as a cost???

We've just got our temporary work visa, allowing us to get work and gain the extra point that we need and haven't heard of that cost.

Thanks
Karen
Old Apr 19th 2002, 8:30 pm
Ben Davies

Actually 2 charges (I can't remember the name of the other one but totalled £100).
Payable on the issue of the PR visa. Supposedly to cover the cost of teaching English
to new migrants (yes really!). I said that I already knew English thanks but it cut
no ice with them (NZIS).

"Karen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Quick question for Ben - What is the £100 Migrant Levy that you list as a cost???
    >
    > We've just got our temporary work visa, allowing us to get work and gain the extra
    > point that we need and haven't heard of that cost.
    >
    > Thanks Karen
    >
    >
    >
    > --