View Poll Results: Should there be a NZ to Oz sub board?
Yes, this would interest me
54.55%
No, what there is is fine
45.45%
Leave NZ?! how could you!
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

NZ to Oz

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:43 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ to Oz

Should we have a board for us Expats who are interested in moving from NZ to Oz?

Quite a few people make the move every year and it would be quite useful to have one place where all the information on this particular subject could be pulled together.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:50 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ to Oz

Originally Posted by Nerine
Should we have a board for us Expats who are interested in moving from NZ to Oz?

Quite a few people make the move every year and it would be quite useful to have one place where all the information on this particular subject could be pulled together.
Maybe, but on the main those who move to OZ from NZ have spent enough time in NZ to suss out what moving to OZ entails. Also with airfares so cheap (and only a few hours flying time) between the two countries, reccies are easier to do. Also don't forget that while many do move to OZ from NZ, many also return to NZ to live. I'd be surprised if admin and the mods hadn't discussed this idea at sometime.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

I voted yes!

But saying that were moving from NZ and I have found it easy to get the info

Ian
Old Dec 30th 2006, 3:11 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair point about the reccies, we've been here a few years now and have done a bit of that, it's not a problem at all I agree.

I was really thinking more about exchanging info about shippers, schools, pet carriers and stuff.

For instance these are just a few things I'd like to know more about:

- how do NZ schools compare to Oz? are NZ standards about the same and can kids make the change without having to repeat work. High school in Oz starts in year 8, whereas it's year 9 in NZ - what are the implications of that for kids.

- shippers. Who are the good ones in NZ that will wrap properly and not wreck your stuff, how long does it take to get stuff to Oz, how much, MAF attitude to imports from NZ, taking cars over etc.

and there are plenty more including where in NZ you go for medicals and how much these cost.