Wikiposts

NZ or OZ?

Old Sep 1st 2003, 7:58 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to a couple of Irish pubs around the Americas cup village. Good beer.

Sadly yesterday and today the weather's reputation took hold and I got pissed on at lynmall. Lynmall reminded me of the Elmsleigh centre in Staines (the one of Ali G fame).

According the locals Methampetamine is taking off and causing problems. How much of that is media scare tactics and how much is truth is impossible to say for the 4 days I was there.

Flying back into Sydney was great. The sun was out and not a cloud in the sky. Got my 2 litres of Red Label scotch at Auckland Duty Free for 49 NZD which you are allowed to take into OZ as long as you declare it.

One other good thing about Kiwis is the shit they give Ozzies. You will appreciate that when you get here.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to Sydney for the weekend from Auckland and went to Bondi Beach to take a look.

It has one of the most beautiful beaches that you can imagine but when you move from the beach to the waterfront area it reminded me of Benidorm in Spain.

Sydney is a great city but what I noticed most was the volume of people in the City Centre. Not quite London, but a lot more over populated than Auckland.

Not saying that Auckland is better just different - lots more people in OZ.